Halcyon Way seeks bassist

halcyonwayband@aol.com

Guitars - Halcyon Way
Nov 9, 2003
Hey everyone - as some of you already know, our bassist Glen has had to leave the band for personal reasons. It's on good terms and he will be playing all the shows we have booked for the rest of the year, or at least until we have a replacement 110% ready to go. However, we're still in the process of auditioning new people. If you haven't heard us yet, here's some info:

1) We're in Atlanta.
2) We rehearse 2x week, Monday & Friday nights.
3) Our record is in mixdown and we're undecided on the label releasing it. Offers are on the table.
4) You can hear some of our stuff on the myspace page below.

We're looking for someone that can do meat & potatoes rock bass playing along with the more intricate technical stuff. Basically we want someone to come in and respect what's been done already, and then put their stamp on the new material. We have about half of the next record written and anticipate starting pre-production first of the year if not sooner.

Influences for us include Megadeth, Dream Theater, Fates Warning, Queensryche, Evergrey, Testament, Nevermore, Dio, and the like. We write more for the song than for showing off technical ability. Our goal is for every section of every song to be a hook. However, our material has odd time signatures and technical parts throughout.

Vocal ability is a plus.

We play in drop-d, 1/2 step below concert (so technically Drop-Db I guess). All of the current material was written with a 4-string in mind but more is fine too.

You must have pro gear, reliable transportation, a good attitude, and the ability to pick up the songs more/less from CD. We will, of course, help you learn the material as well.

You must be available for rehearsals and shows. We are a gigging band and we play about 2-3 times per month locally. We have also been offered some touring opportunities and these are something you should be available for as well. Since we all have day jobs and families, you will be notified well in advance of these so everyone may plan accordingly.

When needed, you should be able to contribute to the cause financially for merch, recording bills, and etc. Thankfully we pay most of our expenses with income from playing live and so forth.

We go out of our way to bring a big rock show to the stage - from attire to props to showmanship, and the candidate would be able to do that as well.

If you're interested in an audition, email me at jon.bodan@theperpetual.com or sean.shields@skyymap.com.

Thanks!

We will really miss Glenn, hard to replace that shiny bald head and loveable gut (FU Clown!) But we know you guys will find the right person and carry on in splendid HW fashion.

"Break your fast and eat hardy for tonight we dine in hell!"

Okay give me a few months to learn some more and I will be there to try out, I can borrow my daughters Bass and Amp.

Yeah right a 50 something bass player in a band of youngsters, but man it would be cool as shit, kinda of a reverse Van Halen.

Yeah I have seen them, remember the patio/living room concert a few weeks ago, I KNOW i am better looking than Sean, but that ain't saying much.

Dude that's nasty. Billy from A Lower Deep has a filthy mind and should be ashamed. You made me ralph all over my new Mac. Jerk.

Oh, and bump.....to the guys that expressed interest in auditioning, please hit me or Sean up so we can schedule it for week after next.....