HALESTORM Talks About Pressure Of Making Follow-up To 'The Strange Case Of…' (Video)

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
TheRockRevival.com's Matt Bishop conducted an interview with HALESTORM singer/guitarist Lzzy Hale and guitarist Joe Hottinger on September 27 at The Shindig Music Festival in Baltimore. You can now watch the chat below.Asked about how HALESTORM is dealing with the pressure of making the hugely anticipated follow-up to 2012's chart-topping "The Strange Case Of…", Joe said: "To me, I hope it does well. With the last record, we chased what excited us. And we're doing the same thing. So if the song and the sound excites us, we go for it and hope that things follow."Added Lzzy: "We try not to think too much about what it could be, 'cause, in reality, nobody knows: labels don't know, we don't know, nobody does… radio doesn't know. So it, like, it's either gonna hit or not. Our bottom line — and maybe this is selfish of us — is that we have to be stoked, as the four of us, we have to be stoked about this record and want to play all these songs out live. And then whatever happens happens. But the bottom line is that we're gonna continue touring no matter what. They're gonna kill us on this record cycle; it's just gonna be nuts. So as long as we can keep that mindset, I think we'll be fine."HALESTORM's third album was recorded in Nashville with producer Jay Joyce (Eric Church, CAGE THE ELEPHANT) for an early 2015 release.As previously reported, HALESTORM is set for a second run supporting Eric Church on his blockbuster "Outsiders World Tour". The new dates begin January 8 at New Orleans' Smoothie King Center and then continue through early February. The "Outsiders World Tour" carries on the phenomenal pairing of HALESTORM and Eric Church, a collaboration begun when the country superstar teamed with HALESTORM frontwoman Lzzy Hale for a show-stopping duet performance of his hit single "That's Damn Rock & Roll" on this summer's 2014 "CMT Music Awards". HALESTORM released a vinyl edition of both of their previously released covers EPs. "ReAniMate: The CoVeRs Collection (2011-2014)" is available via the band's webstore.

More...