half fretless jackson?

Thrillho

I'm Freaking Out!!one!!
Feb 12, 2005
Philly Burbs
What's the deal with that guitar Scott used to play? Remember? The blue JAckson that was fretless from the 12th fret up? WEIRD. It was an awesome guitar though, I would love to have one like that. Anyone know where I can get a half fretless jobber like that?

I can't 'remember' that guitar but have seen an ESP of his that is fretless after the 12th fret and that has a big NOT MOP inlay on the fretless section. It was a Superstrat shape (an MII?) with a string through body bridge and the Yankies sticker.

*like I said in another thread I'm a bit pissed so if this is O/T just shout :)*

I think that ESP you are talking about is the Jackson I am talking about. And I'm pretty sure it's a Jackson.

WTF a 5 string guitar? You can't even play a real chord on that!

It's a Jackson for sure. I know Max Cavalera used to use a 4 string guitar back in the Sepultura days, not sure if he still uses one though.

Thrillho said:
WTF a 5 string guitar? You can't even play a real chord on that!
It doesn't matter if you're playing nothing but power chords. All that high E string does is get in the way. ;)

SpiderDan13 said:
It doesn't matter if you're playing nothing but power chords. All that high E string does is get in the way. ;)

That is too Misfits for my way of thinking. Besides, Scott plays actual chords on stage -how the hell do you get away with 4 or 5 strings? Damn guitar players.

Anyway, I don't have a pic of that Jackson, but I have a couple videos with him using it.

This is a JJ5 (a Five String jj2)
(the picture is from a ebay-offer)

jj5.jpg

and this is the amazing NOT Jackson

jackson_not.jpg

here with the "longhair" untatooed Scott

scott-NYsoloist.jpg

from this cool site
http://www.jacksonmuseum.com/museum/museum-rhoads-pics/RR2636.html