Hammerfall new album.

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
The new album is already named and have a cover, is due for February 2009 on Nuclear Blast. Being a fan of them since trhe beginning, I consider thay haven't made a bad album, so I have faith on this one even with the change of bass and guitar on the last year or so.

"No Sacrifice, No Victory":
  1. Any Means Necessary
  2. Life Is Now
  3. Punish And Enslave
  4. Legion
  5. Between Two Worlds
  6. . Hallowed Be My Name
  7. Something For The Ages
  8. No Sacrifice, No Victory
  9. Bring The Hammer Down
  10. One Of A Kind
  11. My Sharona (THE KNACK cover)
hammerfallcover.jpg

I can live without the cover tho', but maybe they play an interesting one.

Since I'm on the NB mailing list I'm sure I'll be getting a review copy of this record. I haven't been much of a fan since Crimson Thunder, I'm bored with them... As for the cover when have they not had a cheesy comic book cover?! They all the same fucking cover!!!!! The only other artist whose covers rival Hammerfalls is Yngwie Malmsteen... Which means we should blame the drummer for playing in both bands!!!!!

I used to have some contact with their guitarist Oscar pre-Hammerfall so I checked out the band right from the start. However they havent made anything really worthwhile since Legacy of King according to me. I still like Glory to the Brave the best. I do own Renegade and Crimson Thunder as well but its just not the same. Im glad Oscar found success but I lost interest a long time ago unfortunately.

While we speak of album covers I kind of like that they go with a comic book feel. Otherwise I think the one truly great cover was the orange on from glory to the brave. It just stands out and looks good.

d. I haven't been much of a fan since Crimson Thunder, I'm bored with them... As for the cover when have they not had a cheesy comic book cover?! They all the same fucking cover!!!!!

hahahah. yea...i guess youre right. they all do...but this one more than the rest. the background, there is something more bland and less descriptive.

anywho, i agree ive grown increasingly bored of them. im not really expecting something big here, but im sure they might crank out a catchy song that'll catch my ear.

I've gotta agree with some of the other posts. I absolutely love Legacy of Kings. It's the perfect power metal album IMO & just gets me fired up whenever I listen to it.

Unfortunately, they peaked with Legacy and everything they've put out in the last ten years (can't believe it's been 10 years already!) has been disappointing. They've had a handful of memorable tunes over that period & made a couple of attempts to change mix things up, but mostly it's been pretty unremarkable. I find Joacim's voice to be increasingly annoying on the more recent albums.

I hope they can recapture the glory, but the fact that they chose My Sharona to cover does not build much confidence in that.

The album cover reminds me of United Abominations cover a little...

IMO they have been making the "same" album the last few times

however i do like the Masterpieces Covers album

I like the first few albums and Renegade Crusades dvd

I had hoped the cover was "Hallowed be My Name" from the Alice Cooper "Love It To Death" album

but as i kept reading the posts...:erk:

IMO they have been making the "same" album the last few times

however i do like the Masterpieces Covers album

The Masterpieces album isn't exactly new stuff -- it's b-sides & tribute album tracks conveniently repackaged.

Wyvern when I get the album it's yours. I'll request they send a copy another of the writers to do the review and you can have mine. I'm simple not able to write a review for them anymore.

Thanks man!:headbang: Sorry you get jaded by them, to me they deliver exactly what I expect from them, so to me they're not repetitive it's like saying that Motorhead or AC/DC are repetitive. They have a formula and it works for them, and I like it.