HAMMERFALL....OLYMPICS....CURLING....NUF SAID

Matt Lee said:
The women, at the end, when they're dressed up and posing like Hammerfall...look so much tougher than Hammerfall.

Those girls should just fill in for all hammerfall videos and live shows as lip syncers. :Spin:

I could only watch about a minute of the Hammerfall vid because Windows Media is a giant piece of shit. What's the upshot at the end? Is it an advertisement for Acuvue or the Olympics or something? Or was it just totally pointless fun? Funny stuff, anyways.

chibitotoro said:
I could only watch about a minute of the Hammerfall vid because Windows Media is a giant piece of shit. What's the upshot at the end? Is it an advertisement for Acuvue or the Olympics or something? Or was it just totally pointless fun? Funny stuff, anyways.

Here is the original story that went with the video:

Hot Flashes
HAMMERFALL Gear Up For Swedish Grammy Awards, Olympic Theme Video Available Online
2006-02-03 14:12:21

HAMMERFALL’s website (www.hammerfall.net) has been updated with the following message from Oscar Dronjak:

“February has come, and with that two big things for us: the annual Swedish Grammy Awards next week, and the Olympics beginning on the 10th.

As I already had talked about, we recorded a video for ‘Hearts On Fire’ together with the Swedish Women’s Olympic team. It has already been played on sports channels/programs in Canada and Norway, and I hope more will follow suit.

You can now watch the video online: Windows Media, Quicktime. Here is a quicktime link: http://www.httphost1.com/curlingtjejerna/Acuvue_Hearts_on_Fire_S.mov

As for the Grammy Awards, they take place next Tuesday (February 7th), and will be live on national TV4. The category we’re nominated in, ‘Hard Rock’, will be part of the broadcast this time.

Previously, the category hasn’t always been deemed suitable for television, and was edited out of the broadcast. But now it’s back, with CANDLEMASS, HARDCORE SUPERSTARS, OPETH and MESHUGGAH being the other four nominees.

Should be a great evening with these guys, good luck to all!”

It sounds like the song was actually re-recorded for the video. The new version's actually a little better than the version on Crimson Thunder, I think.

The video is priceless, of course. I'm a sucker for metal tie-ins to other forms of pop culture, as my thread about metal artists in commercials shows.

Fuckin

AAAAAAAAAAHAHAAHAA!!!

My friend's been heckling us for ragging on curling. We love making fun of it, and he thinks its a great sport and he loves watching it and blah blah... we're SOOOO playing this for him this weekend.

And I'ma make him hold a broom during the whole video.

:D :D :D :D :D