hammerfall to tour us with DIO!

WeekendWarrior

Patriot
Sep 19, 2002
norway
Visit site

" HAMMERFALL will embark on a North American tour with DIO sarting in November with exact dates and venues to be announced shortly. Following the completion of the U.S. tour, HAMMERFALL will tour Europe, Japan and South America, to be followed by several European summer festival appearances next year. "

Heard about Hammerfall supporting Dio too...I understand that the Templars will be kicking off their European Tour in January of next year :D
I don't know whether a support for Dio has been confirmed yet..last time I looked it was just Dio and guests.

I have to say I am very impressed with Thunderstone. They have a Strat vibe to them ..inevitably. Timo plays on the album (Like Father, Like Son) and I think Strat have given them alot of support. It's an excellent debut and well worth checking out.
As for Unseen....I think this is a pretty strong album and certainly one of their better offerings....I still have a soft spot for Dark Hallucinations...strongest tracks for me are One Way Out and Shattered Apart. My concern with Rick leaving is that it breaks up the Kachinsky-Mythiasin songwriting partnership so it'll be interesting to see where the band goes from here.

Last time I saw Dio (Magica Tour - I think it as at the Forum) they had a nu metal punk type band supporting them. I can't remember their name but I know they didn't go down well at all, and at the time I wondered who in their right mind would put a band like that on the same bill as Dio. Strange:-/

I'm not overly well up on who's up and coming in the UK but personally I'd go for one or possibly two of the following:

POWERQUEST
DRAGONFORCE
INTENSE
SHADOW KEEP
SEVEN DEADLY SINS
INFOBIA

All of these are top up and coming Brit bands and deserve better recognition. What better way (for a bit of promotion) then by getting a support slot for someone as respected RJD. Also I'm convinced that any of these bands would be totally appreciated by the vast majority of Dio fans.

To get back to the DIO thread.... I just saw him live last Saturday supported by SIDEBURN - who played straight (to me terribly boring!) Rock'n'Roll - which IMO did not fit at all.
Something like Power Quest would have gone down a lot better for sure! ;)
I agree with you guys that "local" bands (such as the ones listed by you, Eagle) should get this chance!

Otherwise the show was really good and I was surprised how many people this little magician still manages to pull!!

I'm in the US, but they're not coming to FLORIDA. :( :(
I'll try to travel to Georgia, the closest one and :headbang: :headbang: in the concert.
But I hope they add a new date in Florida.

On November 26th I'm going to see Symphony X + Blind Guardian! Can't wait for that concert!

Originally posted by Symphony
We got Dio playing over in the UK in October....can't remember who else is on the bill though.

Where, WHERE?!?! :mad: I must know!

As for Kerrang...I remember seeing a certain back issue with VENOM! is big bold letters in the top left corner of the front cover, and MARK KNOPFLER! in big bold letters directly opposite :lol: ah, the open-minded days...