HAMMERFALL Video Cheesiest Metal History

lurch70

Sep 27, 2002
NYC
HAMMERFALL recently joined forces with the Swedish women's Olympic curling team to shoot a new video for their track "Hearts On Fire", a song from the group's 2002 album, "Crimson Thunder". The track has been reissued as a single in Sweden to give a "boost" to the team as they prepare for the Winter Olympics next month in Turin.

"In preparation for the Olympic Games in February, we joined forces with one of Sweden's brightest hopes for a gold medal," said HAMMERFALL guitarist Oscar Dronjak in a statement posted on the band's web site. "With heavy metal as a source of strength, the girls can now focus on bringing home the gold."

According to ChartAttack.com, the video features the team led by Anette Norberg pitted against the metalheads, who have few curling skills but know how to have a good time. Mayhem ensues when rocks and brooms go flying and a drum kit appears on the ice. By the end of the video, the athletes have turned in their team uniforms for the leather and studs duds that inexplicably remain popular among rockers.

"The video was a blast to record, an attitude shared by everyone involved. The result is an amusing and, for us, a little unusual video," stated Dronjak.

You can now watch this utterly ridiculous clip online: Windows Media, Quicktime.

:loco:

I posted that curling pic but I did not know they made a video out of that . Gotta d/l this :loco:

hahaha

I'd say that it's a tie between this one, any Rhapsody video, or that new Edguy one which, I unfortunately had the displeasure of witnessing.