Hammersmith 2005

Degas

New Metal Member
Apr 30, 2005
Hey my friends, any coments about Saxon concert played on Yesterday with Motorhead? Drummer? Set list? Jam session? C´mon guys...let us know!

You can see Motorhead photos posted at the link bellow
http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=gls====122794&nbc1=1

According to TheRockRadio.com, MOTÖRHEAD filmed their 30th anniversary show on June 16 show at London's Hammersmith Apollo for a future DVD release. The supporting bands at the gig were GIRLSCHOOL and SAXON.

"Welcome to the 30th anniversary show. We are MOTÖRHEAD; we play rock n' roll," said Lemmy and the band launched into "Doctor Rock" with most of the 5,000 fans headbanging and singing along.

MOTÖRHEAD played most of their classics, including "Over the Top" and "Killed by Death" as well as several tunes from their latest album, "Inferno", saving "Bomber" and "Ace Of Spades" for the encore. The show ended with "Overkill" — as dictated by MOTÖRHEAD tradition
source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/

Hi Degas

I was there last night, and it was a great show.

Girlschool started the ball rolling and were well received, and played for about 30mins.

Then Saxon were next. They came on about 10mins late, to which Biff commented 'things are always fucking late when you play with fucking Motorhead', with a cheeky grin on his face.

They started with Heavy Metal Thunder, then Backs to the Wall. Then Mickey Dee replaced Jörg Michael on the drums for 747.(to play with a 'real band for a change' as Biff put it!). The crowd went wild, but he murdered it in my humble opinion. They also played Never Surrender, Princess of the Night, Wheels of Steel and maybe one other,(not sure of the right order, the beer was flowing to well by this point!). They played for 35-40 mins, which was nowhere near long enough! but they went down a storm, and Biff had the crowd eating out of his hands. They also filmed the Saxon set, so lets hope we see it somewhere sometime.

Motorhead were next, and played a blinder of a set. Lemmy was in top form, and they played a load of old stuff, and the 'Bomber' made an appearance.
There were no jam sessions (apart from bird who came on to add vocals to 'Killed by Death', no idea who she was!) which was a bit dissapointing, but otherwise it was well worth the 500 mile round trip for the gig.

Tempted to see them again in November now!

NOT. LONG. ENOUGH.

Plain and simple, Saxon's set was pitifully short, which was quite disgraceful considering they're better than Motorhead! :p

While they were on, they were great, and so were Motorhead to be fair, but it was a bit of a shame they got such a meagre slot. I wanted to see them more than Motorhead!

Oh well, I'll keep an eye out for future appearences!

I was there!!!

Motorhead di all the usual songs. Girlschool were already on when I arrived at 7.30pm.
Saxon onlt played for half hour! Sad. There played old favs. Princess of the night, 747, etc. Saxon are far better than motorhead. I thought they would have at least a hour though, unfair. Seeing them in oct.