HANOI ROCKS: 'Strange Boys' Collector's Edition Box Sets Due This Month

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
On October 21, Finnish rockers HANOI ROCKS will see their early albums compiled into two collector's edition box sets, one a 5CD set and the other a 6LP vinyl set, both to be released by Cleopatra Records. Titled "Strange Boys", these collections offer the band's first four studio albums, plus the live album "All Those Wasted Years". These are the complete albums and include several of the group's signature tunes, such as "Tragedy", "Motorvatin'", "Don't You Never Leave Me", "Malibu Beach Nightmare", "Back To Mystery City" and a ton more! These gorgeous sets re-create all of the band's original artwork and come with a glossy full-color booklet, which contain rare photos and extensive excerpts from the band's official biography, "All Those Wasted Years", which will be released for the first time in English this year. HANOI ROCKS was formed in Helsinki, Finland in 1979 by Michael Monroe (Matti Fagerholm) and his friend, guitarist Andy McCoy (Antti Hulkko). The band saw major success in the early '80s, having sold over a million albums while touring the world. However, heartbreak struck the band when drummer Nicholas "Razzle" Dingley was killed in a drunk-driving accident after a day of partying with fellow glam rockers MÖTLEY CRÜE. HANOI ROCKS broke up a year later in 1985, only to resurrect themselves in the early '90s with a reunion tour and several more studio albums. Now, decades later, Cleopatra Records keeps the legacy of HANOI ROCKS alive with this superb reissue that fans will absolutely love! Track listing: Disc 1 01. Tragedy 02. Village Girl 03. Stop Cryin' 04. Don't Never Leave Me 05. Lost In The City 06. First Timer 07. Cheyenne 08. 11th Street Kids 09. Walking With My Angel 10. Pretender Disc 2 01. Motorvatin' 02. Don't Follow Me 03. Visitor 04. Teenangels Outsiders 05. Sweet Home Suburbia 06. M.C. Baby 07. No Law Or Order 08. Oriental Beat 09. Devil Woman 10. Lightning Bar Blues 11. Fallen Star Disc 3 01. Love's An Injection 02. I Want You 03. Cafe Avenue 04. Nothing New 05. Kill City Kills 06. Self Destruction Blues 07. Beer And A Cigarette 08. Whispers In The Dark 09. Taxi-Driver 10. Desperados 11. Problem Child 12. Dead By X-Mas Disc 4 01. Strange Boys Play Weird Openings 02. Malibu Beach 03. Mental Beat 04. Tooting Bec Wreck 05. Until I Get You 06. Sailing Down The Tears 07. Lick Summer Love 08. Beating Gets Faster 09. Ice Cream Summer 10. Back To Mystery City Disc 5 01. Pipeline 02. Oriental Beat 03. Back To Mystery City 04. Motorvatin' 05. Until I Get You 06. Mental Beat 07. Don't Never Leave Me 08. Tragedy 09. Malibu Beach Nightmare 10. Visitor 11. 11th Street Kids 12. Taxi-Drivers 13. Lost In The City 14. Lightning Bar Blues 15. Beer And Cigarette 16. Under My Wheels 17. I Feel Alright 18. Train Kept A Rolling
hanoirocksstrangeboysbox3_638.jpg
hanoirocksstrangeboysbox1.jpg

Continue reading...