Happy Holidays (and TSO stuff)!

Oogadee Boogadee

Division drummer
Jan 23, 2004
Baltimore, MD
www.division-usa.com
My wife surprised me by taking me to the DC TSO concert :OMG: !

Damn, she's good:worship:

So was TSO.

For a little show review...
At one point I looked over at Melinda and said "you tricked me - you brought me to a freakin musical". Well, it is a music concert, but I didn't know the first half of the show was more like a story/musical. That part actually bored me - some of the 'show' music was great (it all was really), but man was there some momentum killers. However, by looking at the really diverse and conservative crowd, i'm sure there were plenty who found those tunes to be their favorite while tiring of the 'heavy' stuff.

Overall, the songs and the female singers have a real 80's feel to them. Given the background of the performers, it's a given, and not a bad thing. Just kinda dated, while being done really really well. We sat really far away, which i'm sure had more to do with some of the boredom I felt at times than the 80's vibe did.

anyway, if we go again, we're forking out the money for closer seats.

Oh, from where we were sitting, Alex's tone ruled all.

I *hope* I will be seeing TSO in Rochester tonight; I don't know if my aunt got tickets or not, though.

And yeah, the audience is invariably very diverse - I remember being surprised the first time I saw them, because TSO is still associated with Savatage in my mind, and you don't expect to see hordes of *families* with young children and grandparents turn up for Savatage...

Sometimes I forget how young James is. Didn't go to the show but I have the CD going here while wrapping presents (ok, putting bottles of booze into bags isn't really rapping, but you get the idea). Merriest of Merries all!