Happy Passover

Metal head87

Jul 17, 2006
May your wine be dry, and may you be able to avoid eating too much matzah.
(I know "happy" and "passover" seems like an oxymoron, but make the best of it)

don't forget to have some gefilte fish and/or chrayme
and yeah don't have too much matza...
for me passover was always 2 weeks of spring break...

so happy passover/easter every one

I don't eat Jewish food like that. I can't stand stuff like gefelte fish and I don't even want to know what that other thing is

hrayme is tripolitaic fish loafs
it's a matter of taste really and a matter of who is preparing the food
my family's gefilte is the åsomest gefilte in the universe

I eat salmon.
Sometimes grilled
Sometimes baked with lemon. Sometimes with garlic and cilantro. SOmetimes with a lot of vegetables.
Sometimes sort of stewed with a lot of spices. Moroccan style.

I also love sushi and sashimi.

well my family never has a seder...wouldn't be much point if we keep hametz in the house

we usually go to our relatives...this is strictly family...no friends, no girlfriends
so i guess you can come if you'll marry me

What is "Passover" anyway?
:confused:
For the Jews, this is the escape from Egypt and symbol of freedom:
- 1st, freedom of the body, by not being slaves anymore (1st day of pessach)
- 2nd, freedom of the spirit, by receiving the Torah in the Sinaï

A lot of symbols are attached to this celebration (wine, bread, lamb, etc.) => Check google

For the Christians, this is the death of resurection of Jesus.
Passover for christians is coming from the hebrew name pessach. Cause according to the Gospels, the death and resurection of Christ happend during the period of the jews' passover (it is said that the Cène could be the first day of the Seder of Pessach)
And some symbol are also present in the Christian celebration. Like wine, blood, lamb, bread etc.

And Passover (Pessach), which means "jump over", comes from the story of the Death that was coming to take all the first born of Egypt families (cause it is said that the cool guy that would save the jews would be a first born, so the Pharao casted a spell :D ).

And the Death would "jump over" all the houses for which there was a sign of the door done with the blood of a lamb. As the jews always know everything ( :D ) they were all saved by doing this, and then escape from Egypt in the night.

From here come the name of passover :)

I would just like to add that the event known as "the last supper" in christianity was infact a Seder since it was held on Passover Eve...
so the whole bread thing in the last supper is bogus...it was matza
I suspect that this is also the reason for the little pieces of bread fed to christian believers during comunion to be flat.

In some languages (like russian for instance)...Easter is called Pass'cha which is derived from Pessach. In swedish Easter is called Påsk and Passover is called judisk(jewish) påsk.

oh yeah and Peter the apostle was a bunny:lol:

I would just like to add that the event known as "the last supper" in christianity was infact a Seder since it was held on Passover Eve...
so the whole bread thing in the last supper is bogus...it was matza
I suspect that this is also the reason for the little pieces of bread fed to christian believers during comunion to be flat.

In some languages (like russian for instance)...Easter is called Pass'cha which is derived from Pessach. In swedish Easter is called Påsk and Passover is called judisk(jewish) påsk.

oh yeah and Peter the apostle was a bunny:lol:
The first two comments are true.

As far as the last comment, the Hare Club For Men is very pissed that you are just blurting out their secrets.

Now show respect to St. Patrick
patricknz0.jpg

Re Read my comment in parenthesis for the Christian part ;-)

"La Cène" is also a name for the "Last supper", but this is the christian name, and also the famous painting from Da Vinci.

yeah i know i'm repeating what you said...
still no bread though...this also means Da Vinci got it wrong in the painting by putting bread on the table, not by drawing St. Peter as a bunny.

All hail pope Snowball!

@metalhead: lol at St. Patrick!...I feel like getting a beer

yeah i know i'm repeating what you said...
still no bread though...this also means Da Vinci got it wrong in the painting by putting bread on the table, not by drawing St. Peter as a bunny.
The fact is that it is "guessed" as being the Seder. The Gospels tell it was during Pessach period, but it is not said this is a Seder...