Hardcore band

xTomx

Oct 29, 2009
Milton Keynes
Listen to it here:
http://nodirection.bandcamp.com/

Real drums, but with about 50% sample replacement on toms and snare, 100% on kick.

Guitars are mostly POD Farm, with a little bit of an awful Marshall solid State head through a 1960.

Logic's bass amp simulator.

Vocals are a Neumann U87 Ai.

Criticism and advice greatly welcomed!

Snare has some kind of a annoying (boxy ?) ring. Mix sounds a bit too raw, the instruments don't mix up with each other enough IMO (it sounds like you treated them solo, and went a bit extreme with some things (the bass string noise for instance)). Otherwise it's cool.

EDIT : actually i'm not sure about what i said above anymore :) The mix sounds a bit raw but otherwise it's cool. Guitars sound a bit on the cheap side though. Bass sound quite good considering it's the Logic amp sim. I really think the drums need to be a little bit more processed for this mix (they would sound great with different/rawer guitar and bass tones though).

Cheers for the advice!The guitars we recorded with were garbage haha, and POD Farm is usually a last resort but I'm back with my parents for summer so I can't mic a cab properly atm.

What would you reccomend I do with the drums processing wise?

Cheers for the advice!The guitars we recorded with were garbage haha, and POD Farm is usually a last resort but I'm back with my parents for summer so I can't mic a cab properly atm.

What would you reccomend I do with the drums processing wise?

you should cut some low-mids on the toms/snare/kick to make them sound a bit less boxy