Has anyone else heard...

Isn't this the Daredevil soundtrack?
Hmmm...I've heard this band before, they're called Lacuna Coil, and they're so much better, and they don't have a rapper on a track. I'd recommend picking up Unleashed Memories instead of this Evanescence, but it seems like a decent release, too. Or even one up it and pick up Moon of Steel "Insignificant Details" which is heavier and more progressive, but has similar vocals. Now, that is a fantastic release.

Anyhoo, thanks for the heads up, maybe this one will grow on me a bit more. Love the singer, music is ok.

jimbobhickville said:
Love the singer, music is ok.

Yep, they have two songs on that Soundtrack...
I think that's what has me so attracted to their songs...I've NEVER been big on female vocals until I heard Michelle Loose of Brave...and she absolutely floored me....she definitely opened up my musical sences...and when I heard this band, it had a similar affect... Evanescence, musically is just OK...but what has me so wrapped up are the melodies and vocal tones of Amy Lee... I mean if I wanna hear music in this genre done better, I'll listen to Disturbed...but Amy keeps me coming back to this disc. ;)

Actually, I finally heard Lacuna Coil for the first time, night before last... and I have to say I was also very very impressed (Thanks Angela ;) )...I will definitely have to pick up some of their stuff up as well. :)
I'll also look into Moon of Steel...Thanks for the recommendations.

~D

np - Evanescence - Tourniquet (Now this song rocks..and NO rap crap!!!) ;)

Sorry if I seemed overly negative, I've been in a pissy mood the last couple days. I think you'll dig Moon of Steel, there are samples on http://www.cdbaby.com (where you can also buy the CD). As for Lacuna Coil, all the releases are good, but Unleashed Memories is by far my favorite. Their newest, Comalies, is slightly more commercial sounding, but still good. The older ones are excellent, but with poor production values.

If you want any more recommendations, then hit me up. I'm not like a guru by any means, but I do listen to a fairly diverse assortment of music.

jimbobhickville said:
Sorry if I seemed overly negative, I've been in a pissy mood the last couple days.

If you want any more recommendations, then hit me up. I'm not like a guru by any means, but I do listen to a fairly diverse assortment of music.

Nahhhh, don't sweat it... we all have days like that. :D

I really appreciate the recommendations, and will definitely give Moon of Steel a listen.

~D

For those that haven't heard Evanescence yet, there really isn'y any rap vocals in any of the songs. Track 2 has a male back-up vocalist singing in the style of Linkin Park - and, I wouldn't call that rapping, by any means.

rgbeach said:
For those that haven't heard Evanescence yet, there really isn'y any rap vocals in any of the songs. Track 2 has a male back-up vocalist singing in the style of Linkin Park - and, I wouldn't call that rapping, by any means.

True, it's definitely not gangsta style of rapping...but it's a way of describing the "Nu-Metal" style of singing which has been associated as a cross between rap and metal.
~D

I read about this in the Symphony x forum, I didn't check it, didn't bother me!

But I was watching the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. And he said as his musical guest, it Evenscence.

Hey, that rings a bell-SyX forum!!!!

I was very impressed with Amy Lee's voice. Didn't care for the rapper or music. But very good overal.

Being a total shred/prog/technical/metal/power/whatever elist, I wont get the cd 'coz the music. sorry Dave

I'm gonna try to d/l the CD and see if it is better overall than the clips on the site. If it is, I'll get it. I think I'll probably just end up finally checking out The Gathering instead.

On a side note, I played Lacuna Coil's "Senzafine" (their best song, IMO, fantastic song) to some friends and they all dug it (none are metal listeners). I think Lacuna Coil could easily have a lot of success if they just got promoted (as is the case with a lot of metal bands, but unfortunately the big labels won't sign them).