Has anyone ever dealt with trading ToonTrack EZXs?

Nov 6, 2005
Due to an accident, I purchased two Metal Machine EZX. GuitarCenter servers were having issues, so I purchased through Toontrack directly, just to have the Guitar Center purchase process 9 days later, with a strict no refund policy on digital download items. I registered it to my account so I didn't lose the email/serial number. Per Toontrack's support/FAQ, it is recognized by them that an End user can sell the software, but it seems really loose as far as how to go about doing it.

trading?

well, you can easily sell any Toontrack product, just visit toontrack.com and log in into your account.
go to support>contact suppport/faq and go to the "Transfer of license and multiple installs – important information" tab and the to "contact support".
you'll be able to fill in your name, email and the serial of the product you want to sell.

below you should write a short message, providing info about the new owner,
especially his full name, and email adress (must be the same that was used to register at TT)

just out of cutiosity, if you have purchased two copies and registered one,
you should be able to sell/trade the other unregistered copy without any problem.

Thanks, that's what I was wondering. I meant transferring, but my goal was to try to see if someone had another library they wanted to trade. And I already registered the duplicate so that I wouldn't lose the serial (in hindsight, not the best idea).

Thanks, that's what I was wondering. I meant transferring, but my goal was to try to see if someone had another library they wanted to trade. And I already registered the duplicate so that I wouldn't lose the serial (in hindsight, not the best idea).

so you bought two copies and registered both!?

:popcorn:

In your case I would contact the Toontrack support and tell them about your story. Chances are high that it will make no difference to them whether you own library x & x or x & y, meaning they would possibly let you exchange one of the duplicates for another library of your choice.

So it sounds twice as good, duh..

Lol. Again, it wasn't my finest moment, and because of how clearly the policy of no refunds, I resigned myself to having two copies (it was $40 so I was not overly we worried about being double charged).

Bearonguitar. I didn't think about that. I will reach out to them.