Has anyone heard Korn cover Metallica's 'One'?

timmyc

Dec 16, 2002
I just heard the live cover and I gotta say it was damn cool :headbang: - anyone else heard it?

Riehlthing said:
I liked it. Only thing that bugs me, but just a little, is Fieldy's bass style. Besides that, I thought it was bad ass.
I'm always wondering, is he playing notes or just tapping a groove??
and why wasn't Trax on the MTV Metallica Icons??at least they could metion them a couple of times!!!

1. It was a complete butcher of the song.
2. Ragamuffin is correct once again.
3. No offense Dutchy, but Anthrax actually play no significant part in Metallicas history..whoopidy doo they shared living space and gave em a toaster oven. I'd rather not hear anything about them then hear that played out assed story 1 more time on tv.

I give props to limp for their rendition of welcome home ONLY for the fact that Fieldy wasnt playing the bass in it....why yes I do hate Korn, how did u guess?

GregadetH said:
3. No offense Dutchy, but Anthrax actually play no significant part in Metallicas history..whoopidy doo they shared living space and gave em a toaster oven. I'd rather not hear anything about them then hear that played out assed story 1 more time on tv.

It could be argued that Metallica had an enormous influence on ANTHRAX and not the other way around. Watch the Anthrax Behind The Music: Scott clearly states that it was the Metallica demo tape that altered their sound. I think he said something like "Man, we have got to be a part of that!"

It was cool to see all the guys hanging out again in those pictures from the Sanitarium tour. I just wish Lars would quit being a shithead and take them out on tour with them. I honestly think that he's probably worried about following them on the stage, as anyone who as see Anthrax will tell you, Anthrax RIPS live. Heck, Scott is still most entertaining guy to watch on stage (zombie stompe, buffalo mosh, vicious headbanging, jumping, etc.)

GregadetH said:
Hold on there, cowboy.
Anthrax played numerous shows in the US with Metallica.
Anthrax toured the UK and Scandinavia with Metallica, and Anthrax opened for Metallica on Cliff's last show. Members of Anthrax comforted James after Cliff's death.
Scott was arrested with Cliff in the UK.
Anthrax was the second big band to come from Megaforce Records. The first being Metallica.
Members of Metallica were big fans of Charlie's style.
John was asked twice to join Metallica.
Scott and Kirk are still close friends.

NP: Rush - April 2, 1994 - Dane County Coliseum: Madison, Wisconsin

jdelpi said:
Hold on there, cowboy.
Anthrax toured the UK and Scandinavia with Metallica, and Anthrax opened for Metallica on Cliff's last show. Members of Anthrax comforted James after Cliff's death.
Anthrax was the second big band to come from Megaforce Records. The first being Metallica.
Scott and Kirk are still close friends. [\QUOTE]

Yes, I know all this already, but is all that really sumthing that needs to be said on a tribute show to metallica? What, if any of that helped "mold and shape" metallica to thier "iconic" status? That's my point there, Pilgrim.

GregadetH said:
jdelpi said:
Hold on there, cowboy.
Scott and Kirk are still close friends. [\QUOTE]

Yes, I know all this already, but is all that really sumthing that needs to be said on a tribute show to metallica? What, if any of that helped "mold and shape" metallica to thier "iconic" status? That's my point there, Pilgrim.
Ok, so you're saying Snoop Dogg, Sum 41, Avril Lavigne and Korn did more?

KORN butchered One on the MTV thing and Limp totally sucked. Sum41 did a good job in at least playing For Whom the Bell Tolls but it sucked when they thru in Enter Sandman.