Hate mail! Hate mail!

Jim LotFP

The Keeper of Metal
Jun 7, 2001
Helsinki, Finland
www.lotfp.com
Forwarded to me by The End, who received the original mail... (buy from THE END and ask for your very own copy...!)
"Hey. As a committed customer to The End Records, I have to let you guys know I was disappointed with the fanzine, LotFP, sent to me last week. I would personally beat the shit out of that little bitch-ass maggot if i ever had the opportunity. I would expect a fanzine like this on the punk or hardcore scene, but why would a metal distributor support a zine that basically shits on metal the entire time? Wouldn't that be negative towards business? For example, Jim Raggi (LotFP) does a review on Vital Remains. He states that Dave Suzuki's blastbeats are sloppy! What an idiot! Why write a fanzine on something you obviously know nothing about? Wouldn't a review like that possibly turn potential buyers away from giving you guys a sale? I understand that the zine is supposed to be a shitfest on bands but please make it a point to never send it to me again. Thanks again."

Since he didn't contact me, and I wasn't forwarded his email (nor should I have been, you know?), I will respond here.

1- "Why would a metal distributor support a zine that basically shits on metal the entire time?" Not the entire time. The opening editorial pokes fun at the worst charactistics of the scene. Many of the reviews were negative, because many of the albums released are bad.

2- "I would expect a fanzine like this on the punk or hardcore scene" I don't know much about the hardcore or punk scene, been to a few shows but no major reading. I don't get this line.

3- "Wouldn't a review like that possibly turn potential buyers away from giving you guys a sale?" Let's only support happy positive writing! Critical is bad! You get tons of info on some bands that I obviously don't hate in the interviews, and anyone reading that Solefald review can't think I'm just there to bag on everything. tsk tsk

4- "I would personally beat the shit out of that little bitch-ass maggot if i ever had the opportunity." Well at least it's not another death threat.

5- That new Vital Remains is ass.

Haha.........that's awesome.

Personally, I get pissed when albums get a bunch of praise, I buy into it, and then it sucks.

That guy probably buys 300 CD's a year, and think they're all "killer".

phyre said:
Wouldn't it be nice to be able to do so?

Even if one is openminded and likes every style of music, I still don't think it would be possible to find 300 CDs released in any particular year that are all killer.

Yes, to be able to do so would be quite nice, but if your brain is dulled enough that you're buying that much and are happy with it all, I'm thinking that dullness is affecting other areas of yoru life pretty negatively...

Not that I'm a sharp blade myself... I've bought CDs, and recently, and then made the decision I really don't want to listen to them at all (yet, anyway) after just reading the lyrics...

Yes, to be able to do so would be quite nice, but if your brain is dulled enough that you're buying that much and are happy with it all, I'm thinking that dullness is affecting other areas of yoru life pretty negatively...
Heh, that's pretty much what I meant. Although if you're that dulled, chances are you won't know it yourself, and thus your life'd seem pretty good to you... :>

Ignorance is bliss, they say... Heh.

I find a lot of good albums all the time, though. Too many, really. Just gotta know where to look.