Hate Me!

The single version, because the bells in the FtR-version suck. Bells normally sound really kewl, like at the beginning of "For whom the bell tolls", the really rawk, but on the album version of Hate Me, they're poor...

Viking: If you don't like the bells in that song then you should get the Spinefarm version of Follow The Reaper. The songs Hate Me and Follow The Reaper have a different mix on the finnish release. It is the same recording but without the bells in Hate Me and without the scream in the beginning of Follow The Reaper. I hope you know what I mean.

Und noch was: Ich komme mir total blöd vor, wenn ich mit einem GUTEN DEUTSCHEN Staatsbürger in einer anderen Sprache reden muss. Aber die anderen haben ja auch ein Anrecht auf diese Information.

lol who told you I'm a good citizen? :D
But I feel strange when I talk to you in english, too... :p
I got the spinefarm-version as MP3, before I bought the album and reencoded the Files... I was surprised because of scream... Why do they mix so many different versions? I thought only those Techno-Dudes would... :cry:

Well, I prefer the single version. And everytime I listen to the Spinefarm release, I get the creeps when listening to Hate Me! 'cause there's the fuckup where Alexi sings "I've been baptised in alcohol" two times. Damn, that's probably the reason why I always skip the song..

I think the Follow the Reaper version is a whole lot better than the single version... The solos are re-written, much better than the solos on the single, and the production is about a 100 times better... personally, i hate the production on the single, it sounds really weak..

Originally posted by Extendar
Well, I prefer the single version. And everytime I listen to the Spinefarm release, I get the creeps when listening to Hate Me! 'cause there's the fuckup where Alexi sings "I've been baptised in alcohol" two times. Damn, that's probably the reason why I always skip the song..

ömh....if you´d skip every song where Alexi makes an "mistake" it would be very hard for you to listen any of their songs...

Originally posted by Warheart83

ömh....if you´d skip every song where Alexi makes an "mistake" it would be very hard for you to listen any of their songs...

Well, I didn't mean it that way. 'Cause I think in here it's more of a mixing fuckup than Alexi's mistake. 'Cause, if you didn't know, nowadays it's possible to mix any kinds of voices in a song. I could, for example, take the Hate Me! song and make Alexi sing nothing but the "I've been baptised in alcohol".

So, fuck the mixer.