Hate to be the bearer of bad news...

salty

Aug 4, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
Visit site
Ok guys...remember...dont shoot the messenger and all that shit ok...

Ive been emailing back and forth with the promoter Michael Chugg about rousting support for a Dream Theater tour here next year. Been speaking with him for a while about it, and with all the rumours flying around about the Iron Maiden tour, I decided to ask him if he had heard anything about it. Being one of the two biggest promoters I figure he would have to be in the know.

Anyway...remember...I just deliver the bad news...I didnt CREATE the bad news.

He said that he met with Rod Smallwallet...and its not happening.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Yeah but still. Think of the big picture. Bruce has said that this is their last extensive tour. So thats pretty much it as far as I can see. Maiden will never play on our soil again.

Unless by "last tour" they mean it in the same way KISS does.

I guess we all have to travel to Wacken or one of those festivals to see them now...

As I lay bleeding here let me get out some final words of wisdom whilst I still have some dying breath...

......Be...excellent to...each...other....a..a...aaaand...

...PARTY ON DUDES!

I hereby put forward the suggestion that this forum be renamed and known as Metal Downunder. :cry:

Chugg said that they will have a very hard re look at the possibility next year. Which will be during the tour for the new album.

Not holding my breath, but at least Ive managed to let him know there is shitloads of interest in it...and that record sales are NOT a good way to judge a bands fanbase :)