HATEBREED Bassist To Sit Out Tour; SHADOWS FALL's BACHAND To Fill In

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Bassist Chris Beattie of Connecticut hardcore/metal masters HATEBREED will sit out the band's fall North American headlining tour after sustaining an injury in an accident. His temporary replacement on the road will be Matt Bachand of SHADOWS FALL.HATEBREED's tour kicks off tonight (Thursday, September 26) in Poughkeepsie, New York and features direct support from SHADOWS FALL, along with special guests THE ACACIA STRAIN and BATTLECROSS.Says Beattie: "On Monday, a large branch fell off a tree I was cutting and knocked the ladder I was on out from under me. I fell 8 feet off the ladder onto the sidewalk and luckily was able to throw the chainsaw away from me on the way down. I broke my left wrist and right elbow. "I will be going 'under the knife' this Friday to correct the breaks and start the healing process. "Jamey [Jasta, vocals], Wayne [Lozinak, guitar], Matt [Byrne, drums], Frank [Novinec, guitar] and our manager Steve have all been very supportive and I look forward to getting back out on the stage as soon as I can. "Please go out and support HATEBREED as they leave for a short U.S. tour today. "Thanks to Matt from SHADOWS FALL for filling in for me. See you soon."HATEBREED's latest album, "The Divinity Of Purpose", sold 17,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 20 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD was made available on January 29 in North America via Razor & Tie and on January 25 in Europe through Nuclear Blast. The CD was co-produced by HATEBREED, Chris "Zeuss" Harris (SUICIDE SILENCE, ALL THAT REMAINS, SHADOWS FALL) and Josh Wilbur (LAMB OF GOD, AVENGED SEVENFOLD), with Wilbur also handling mixing duties. The cover artwork was created and illustrated by Eliran Kantor (TESTAMENT, ATHEIST, SIGH, ANACRUSIS, GWAR).
hatebreedfalltour2013.jpg

More...