Haul!

Wrathchild

Miserable Bastard
Apr 16, 2001
Enfield, South Australia
Visit site
Arrived today:

Iommi/Hughes: Dep Sessions (I like this much better than Fused so far. For one thing it's not so overwhelmingly loud)

Remember Cat Stevens- The Ultimate Collection (bought one copy as a Christmas present for my Mum, then decided to get one for myself while I was at it)

Aerosmith: Pandora's Box (three disc set that's been on my list for ages. Haven't liked the band's last dozen years of work much at all, but in the seventies they owned)

Coming soon:

Megadeth: Greatest Hits (about fookin' time they did a decent compilation)

Alice Cooper: Dirty Diamonds (digipak)

W

Wrathchild said:
Iommi/Hughes: Dep Sessions (I like this much better than Fused so far. For one thing it's not so overwhelmingly loud)

Top album, that. The first song was also on a Hughes solo album. Can't remember which, so just go buy all of them.

Only listened to Fused once or twice. Meh.

I've been hauling legally lately too. :)

James LaBrie - Elements Of Persuasion
LA Guns - Tales From The Strip
Edguy - Superheroes DVD and EP
George Lynch - Furious George (an album of covers)
MSG - Heavy Hitters (another album of covers)
Aerosmith - O, Yeah
Steve Vai - Anthology

Sydo..... Go listen to the guitar solo in Slightly Out of Reach on the LaBrie album. Holy fuck... . .. That is one awesome solo. Possibly the best guitar solo of the year so far.

Crucify is a rockin opener too huh? :headbang:

I've been getting more and more into the Ayreon album that I got 'The Human Equation'. Its fuckin awesome. I can't stop playing it. It has folky moments, pure metal moments, soft, heavy.... flutes..... its fuckin tops. I love Akerfeldts work on it

Yeah, probably after Octavarium?

Many people raved about EoP but I actually prefer the 2 Mullmuzzler albums... EoP has some fuckin awesome songs on it like Crucify and Slightly Out of Reach (Did I mention it is an awesome solo)... But all up, MM 1 & 2 are stronger in my opinion

Spruce Goose said:
Crucify is a rockin opener too huh? :headbang:

YES!! Now, if only Dream Theater could make an album like this.. :headbang:
And that solo, I am listening to it right now...

One unrelated questino (Italian for question, according to me): where the fuck has the "Playing Now" box gone, or whatever it was called?

Spiff said:
Top album, that. The first song was also on a Hughes solo album. Can't remember which, so just go buy all of them.

I wasn't too impressed with Fused either, and that's main reason I still havn't bought the DEP Sessions. Wasted Again is a great song.

Spiff, which one Hughes solo album should I get? I'd prefer something rockier, or heavier, which is why I've been wary of Soul Mover (or whatever it's called).

Hmm... I'd say go get "Songs in the Key of Rock". That one ruled. "Gasoline" is one of his most rockingest songs. He also has a best of, "Different Stages", and a live album, "Burning Japan Live" (which has Europe as the backing band :headbang: ).

The thing with his albums is that they all sorta sound the same, so it's hard to remember what's on what album. :) But "Songs in the Key of Rock" does rule.

Sydo... Don't listen to Spoof......

If you want something Heavier/Rockier, you have to get Addicition. Its the first album that Glenn made after sobering up from drugs and the music is easily his heaviest work. Some of the riffs are fuckin awesome. I really think that some songs sound like Soundgarden and that Cornell was his influence for the style. See if you can download the songs Down, Addiction, and Death of Me for a good taste of the album. Its easily my favorite of his.

The follow up, The Way It Is is also very fucking good. Not as heavy as Addiction.. not by a long shot, but it is one of those albums that you can put on and never skip a single song. Solid from go to whoa. Very melodic.

Songs In the Key of Rock was the next album that he released and in my opinion, never reached the heights of its predecessors...... Plus, it has arguably the cheesiest title of any record in my collection.

Well you can't really go wrong with any of Glenn's albums. I happen to really like Songs though.

I wonder if he got the album title from "Songs in the Key of Life" by Stevie Wonder. *shrug* Probably not.

One thing you MUST NOT DO, though, is get the DVD. Performance-wise, it's cool, but the video and audio are probably the worst I've seen on any DVD, concert or otherwise.

Spruce Goose said:
Sydo... Don't listen to Spoof......

If you want something Heavier/Rockier, you have to get Addicition.
The Way It Is is also very fucking good.

Thanks, but the problem is that I really don't remember ever seeing those two albums in store.

Spiff said:
Well you can't really go wrong with any of Glenn's albums. I happen to really like Songs though.

I wonder if he got the album title from "Songs in the Key of Life" by Stevie Wonder. *shrug* Probably not.

One thing you MUST NOT DO, though, is get the DVD. Performance-wise, it's cool, but the video and audio are probably the worst I've seen on any DVD, concert or otherwise.

Yes I have the DVD and would agree the sound is a lot to be desired but performance wise tis brillant