have anyone experience with YAMAHA HS80M

gabriel g.

Sep 7, 2006
Hamburg
www.myspace.com
Last week I went to my local dealer and take a look at some monitors.
I need one with 8" bass speaker so I did a short (very short) shootout between some KRK and the YAMAHA HS80M.

I was very impressed!!!!I think they sound fantastic!!!!
But I didnt listen with my own cd to them, only with the mix-cd from the dealer.

But I must tell you I never enjoyed listening to Justin timberlake and nora jones more.

250€ for one speaker is very cheap...

do any of you guys have them or listened to them with something more metallic music?

cheers

Love em! got the HS50M's, great for my home setup. One thing though, you have got to have a set of good cans because that low end is much like an NS10. Little hard to judge with just the speaker. Cans + HS80M = Great success (in borat voice!)

Also the top end will take some getting used to as its a little more open than most.

A classic combo is KRK's and a set of NS10's/HS80M's that would cover all basis I think.

Good value for money aswell

I heard about the low end "problem" , but I didn´t hear anything. they just sounded very "round" and very open in the highs but not "shizzy" ;)
I also heard some House music on them and the bass was very "deep" and punchy

The low end is not a problem as such, just not as low response as some monitors, its really not as bad as people make out.

I wouldnt let it put you off buying them, most people have cans answell to check the low end. Its not as big a problem as i thought it would be.

yea...as far as i've heard the low end is pretty robust on the 80's, but the 50 is lacking with the 5" driver

either way, i have to say that i haven't actually heard either one of those monitors, but will be looking hard at the 80's and probably adam A7's whenever the times comes for me to upgrade monitors

I got the Hs80m and I like them but i came from a pair of Wharfdale 8.2a so can't really compare them to others in the price range. Definitely better then the Wharfdales though! :p