HDK- new song (with Matos on vocals)

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Sander Gommans (guitarist of After Forever) has a track up from his new project "HDK" (Hate, Death, Kill). Matos does the agressive/clean vocals on this one while Mike Scheijen handles the death parts.

No symphonic fluff here folks. It's nice and dark with some nice melodic death/thrash (great riff at the 2:45 mark) thrown in.

I'm stoked to hear more.

http://www.myspace.com/sandergommans

Sander Gommans (guitarist of After Forever) has a track up from his new project "HDK" (Hate, Death, Kill). Matos does the agressive/clean vocals on this one while Mike Scheijen handles the death parts.

http://www.myspace.com/sandergommans

I thought Sander was doing the death vocals on this particular song...I'll have to go read the Blog again.

I can't wait to hear more. :headbang:

Of course it was at the END of the blog....haha...took me awhile to find it again.

From Sander's MySpace blog......

"This song has a somewhat different style than some of the more extreme
songs, it's a mixture of death/thrash and power metal, the powermetal influence
is certainly because of Andre Matos participating in this one!

He used his more agressive voice though, wich sounds great in my opinion!
His vocal ranges were crucial for this song, man, what a voice! I think this is
also one of the more progressive songs compositionwise and I'm happy to have had
the chance working with those great musicians who make the song really heavy and
tight.

The whispers were done by Amanda and me, I also did the grunts in the
midpart.
Just like all of the other HDK songs, Joost and I did the mix, I loved
mixing this song especially because of all the different sounds in it and the
percussive character of the verse and chorus. The solo in this song is also
played by me, it was the first solo I wrote for HDK and since I never really
played this kind of solos in After Forever, it was a
cool experience!"

Stunning release, actually reminds me a little of Communic, very thrashy. The song Pedestal will kick your ass, guarenteed. Got female vocal mixed with the death metal and heavy as hell...nice intro, first words are HIT THE PAVEMENT...there will be some serious moshing to that song. Great sound and production as well. :OMG: