Headbangers Ball Uncensored: A great retrospective!!

TD

HAS INTEGRITY
Finally caught this special. It was fantastic. Rikki Rachtman and our favorite band came across really cool (once again it is amazing how much better Anthrax look at near 40 than in thier 20's. Did they groom back then???) For anyone who doubts the impact that show had on the industry, just look at sales for any metal band and the last album they did with the ball and the one immediately following the ball, or released at right about that same time as far as units sold go. Anthrax went from gold to 100,000. Testament went from near platinum to 300,000. Biohazard went from gold to nothing. Slayer went from gold to the just a couple hundred 1000. Even the mighty Pantera suffered a blow, going from double platinum to gold. I think a modern day HBB would rule.. People bitch that we would have to wade thru nu metal crap to see real metal, but that was how it was then, only we waded thru hair metal. I'll take nu metal (korn, disturbed, slipknot, deftones, mudvayne, static x) or whatever metal you call it over hair metal ANY DAY. I think a metal type show is coming back. They can throw it on at 3 am on Saturday for all I care. I was literally one of those people who planned my weekends around the ball. I was sooooooo bummed when it got cancelled. :cry:

Yeah I saw it last night, like 45 minutes of it and it was pretty cool. I'm taping it when it comes on later. It is supposedly coming on in an hour or so, but they changed the time last night so I'm not banking on that one. But I'll try just the same. But at least I saw it.

I wonder what chance there is of this getting shown in the UK. I don't think the Anthrax Behind The Music has been shown yet. We recently had a show cancelled called "The Friday Rock Show" which was on VH1. I was really annoyed when it got cancelled because MTV2 got rid of the daily Metal Anthems hour as well. Now the chances of seeing a decent music video is extremely unlikely.

that was the most awesome hour mtv has done since the ball got cancelled, seeing charlie, frank, and scott rocked. I loved all the megadeth, dave mustaine stuff to. bad ass

It was pretty cool to see the old school stuff, but I think if MTV brings HBB back in some form or another... unfortunately, it will probably suck. For every cool band like 'Thrax and Slayer, we'll have to hear 10 piles of shit. I have no faith in MTV at all.

It is probably impossible to have a show that can satisfy everyone's music tastes. I thought MTVX came about as close as anything, and now they took that away. Be honest, wouldn't you rather watch video's of Limp Dick, Puddle of Mudd, and shit like that instead of Puff Daddy, and all the other crap that is "popular" today

Hey, anything's better than what MTV rotates today, but bands like those you mentioned make me tune out. It all goes back to the perception of what people "think" is metal today. Most teens actually think Linkin Park is a metal band. When metal-heads think of metal, we think of Pantera, Iron Maiden, Sepultura and so on. I'm too old to waste my time on that shit! Way back, we had the lame hair bands inter-mixed with the good, but at least they didn't rap. And back then it was more half and half. Nowadays it's 90% crap metal.