Heading to Houston...

dailyvault

35 and counting...
May 2, 2005
Gurnee, IL
Time to check out from the board for a few days... I'm leaving for Houston on Sunday afternoon to attend some training sessions for my job. I'm leaving my computer at home - one less thing to get damaged in-flight - so I'll be undergoing some serious Internet withdrawal. (Also the first time in 16 years I'm flying, so I admit there's some nervousness involved.)

But, at least I'll finally be in a state where I can finally go to a Sonic drive-thru and see what all the fuss is about. And, I'm kinda excited to be visiting Texas for the first time. If only I had some time to do some sight-seeing.

Y'all take care... and I'll expect this Joey/John shit to be sorted out by the time I get back. :lol: (Or, I'd at least settle for a Bears win.)

dailyvault said:
But, at least I'll finally be in a state where I can finally go to a Sonic drive-thru and see what all the fuss is about.
Bring me back a burger!:)

But, at least I'll finally be in a state where I can finally go to a Sonic drive-thru and see what all the fuss is about.

don't get freaked out when you order a coke and they ask you how many of like 300 flavors you want added it to it. get a brownie blast sunday those are pretty good.

also have a safe flight

dailyvault said:

They do the same thing to us in Lansing. We get bombarded with commercials for that place, but there isn't a Sonic within 180 miles of me....

dailyvault said:
Time to check out from the board for a few days... I'm leaving for Houston on Sunday afternoon to attend some training sessions for my job. I'm leaving my computer at home - one less thing to get damaged in-flight - so I'll be undergoing some serious Internet withdrawal. (Also the first time in 16 years I'm flying, so I admit there's some nervousness involved.)

But, at least I'll finally be in a state where I can finally go to a Sonic drive-thru and see what all the fuss is about. And, I'm kinda excited to be visiting Texas for the first time. If only I had some time to do some sight-seeing.

Y'all take care... and I'll expect this Joey/John shit to be sorted out by the time I get back. :lol: (Or, I'd at least settle for a Bears win.)

Dude...fuck Sonic....make sure you get yourself to a Whataburger.

Please note that thet burgers automatically come with mustard. If you want another dressing make sure to ask. :)

Psycho21477 said:

Please note that thet burgers automatically come with mustard. If you want another dressing make sure to ask. :)
Dude my lone try at Whataburger was :erk:

do you think I caught them on a bad day.

And like everyone else we get sonic commercials in Cali too.

Psycho21477 said:

Homer Simpson recommends the "Watchamachicken"!:lol:

Home! Home at last!

Gotta say this - I found Houston to be a very pretty city, and I could almost see taking the family down there for a vacation. (The restaurant we ate at Monday night was down on the Kemah Boardwalk - man, I could've wasted some serious time there - and we all ended up getting a little 'faced at the Monkey Bar.) Hopefully next time I'll have some time to do some sight-seeing.

As for Sonic - well, they lost points in my book 'cause my chocolate cream pie shake sure tasted like coconut... YUK! Their popcorn chicken was pretty good, though. Seeing that I might be going back down next month, I'll be sure to check out Whataburger.

And is it me, or is there adult entertainment on every other streetcorner? I swear, there was one place that offered adult entertainment, as well as the "seafood special" on Friday. Wish I had taken a picture of THAT baby.

Thanx 2 all - I'm back, happy, healthy, and not nearly as rested as I wish I was.

DarbysDad said:
Dude my loan try at Whataburger was :erk:

do you think I caught them on a bad day.

And like everyone else we get sonic commercials in Cali too.

...yeah..sounds like you did cath 'em on a bad day. When I was in the military I always heard about In N Out Burgers....the first time I went it sucked....guess the same happened to me. Every other time I went though, it was great!

dailyvault said:
Home! Home at last!

Gotta say this - I found Houston to be a very pretty city, and I could almost see taking the family down there for a vacation. (The restaurant we ate at Monday night was down on the Kemah Boardwalk - man, I could've wasted some serious time there - and we all ended up getting a little 'faced at the Monkey Bar.) Hopefully next time I'll have some time to do some sight-seeing.

As for Sonic - well, they lost points in my book 'cause my chocolate cream pie shake sure tasted like coconut... YUK! Their popcorn chicken was pretty good, though. Seeing that I might be going back down next month, I'll be sure to check out Whataburger.

And is it me, or is there adult entertainment on every other streetcorner? I swear, there was one place that offered adult entertainment, as well as the "seafood special" on Friday. Wish I had taken a picture of THAT baby.

Thanx 2 all - I'm back, happy, healthy, and not nearly as rested as I wish I was.
Welcome home...now where's my burger???:lol:

Psycho21477 said:
...yeah..sounds like you did cath 'em on a bad day. When I was in the military I always heard about In N Out Burgers....the first time I went it sucked....guess the same happened to me. Every other time I went though, it was great!
The last time I went to In N Out the fries :yuk: and they're usually good.

In High people used to cut up the In N Out Burger bumper to read

In N Out urge