Headless Cross (the band).

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
And to be precise the new band by Tony Martin (since there's at least one other band by that name from UK).

Former BLACK SABBATH vocalist Tony Martin and his band, HEADLESS CROSS, will make their worldwide premier at The Asylum in Birmingham, UK on Friday, July 27th.

Rocknotes' Steph Perry has issued a new interview with Tony Martin, an excerpt follows:

Q: The Headless Cross show is scheduled for July 27th in England. Do you hope to book any more shows, and possibly in the States?

A: "We are always looking for an opportunity to come to the States... even though everyone says its dead for rock... there may be a route for us since these songs and these people can only be seen together. I just need a promoter I can trust and I’ll be over there faster than a vampire in a blood bank!!!!"

Read the full interview here.

The Headless Cross band lineup is as follows:

Tony Martin (vocals - ex-Black Sabbath)
Danny Needham (drums - VENOM)
Geoff Nicholls (keyboards - ex-Black Sabbath)
Dario Mollo (guitar - VOODOO HILL, THE CAGE)
Magnus Rosén (bass - ex-HAMMERFALL)

The line-up is interesting enough for me to give a check when recorded material comes.

The Cage 3 album was very disappointing to me... my expectations were too high. Regardless, I would desperately like to see the new Headless Cross band live. Hopefully they are able to put together a serious tour, although I fear there won't be enough ticket sales to sustain it.

Looks like the band is named "Black" now, with Dario Mollo out and Andy LaRocque in. Sounds cool!

http://www.bravewords.com/news/190246

BLACK Featuring Former/Present Members Of BLACK SABBATH, HAMMERFALL, KING DIAMOND, VENOM; Mixing Debut Album
Hot Flashes
Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2012 at 09:35:08 EST

BLACK featuring - former BLACK SABBATH singer Tony Martin, ex-HAMMERFALL bassist Magnus Rosén and KING DIAMOND guitarist Andy LaRocque and drummer Danny Needham (VENOM) - are currently mixing material for their debut album at LaRocque's Sonic Train Studios in Varberg, Sweden. Check out the new band logo below:

Rosén checks in with BraveWords.com: "We are mixing the first songs with Black, then we will look for a recording deal. We have a few labels interested right now, but we are making sure that we find someone that can work with us for a long time. This is not a project, this is a band. So we hope we are on the road some time next year if all goes well."

I don't like King Diamond, but LaRocque is a great player and producer. Don't mind him in at all.

More interested on the band now, even if the moniker Headless Cross was superb to me, playing by just Black, still have the connection with BS without sounding "too much" longing for past glories and looking for new ones.