Hear HARVEST SCYTHE Tonight!

WOW! Amazing song! The vocals sound amazing and i love the different elements you added to your vocals. EAR JIZZ!!!! Guitars are great you can really tell that you guys pushed yourselves to make something amazing. A lot of progression.

ok, they archived it, song is INCREDIBLE!!!! paul, the vocals were amazing, I CAN"T FUCKING WAIT TO SEE THIS LIVE!!!!!

This song is also added to the end of the podcast, episode 12 - Generation One, which should be up on itunes shortly.

Thanks guys! Now you have a little taste of what the CD is shaping up to be. :)

I finally heard the end of the podcast, and damn, that was a good song!

I'm always surprised at how you guys can keep putting out such energetic music, what with Paul's back, Larry's discomforts, and Vito's knuckles always being bruised and bloody from all the beatings he's been dishing out. But somehow you do it! :kickass: I'm looking forward to the rest of the CD.

Ken

Yeesh. The samples certainly show why I am more proud of being a Novembers Doom fan than I am of most Metal ties these days.

Good work guys. I noticed that the chorus sounded awfully familiar and I realized that it's the same chord progression(as well as the timing in which it's played) and similar vocals as the bridge in Empathy's Greed. Conscious decision?

Not intentional at all. The chord "pattern" is similar, yeah. But they're in different keys, different tempos, the accenting of the chords, etc.....the melody Paul is singing over the top is totally different than what he does on Empathy's Greed and I think they just feel totally different. If you hear a strong resemblance then that's cool but I don't hear it.

I mean yknow, it's Novembers Doom, we have our writing style and certain kinds of patterns and chords and things are just a part of our personalities writing-wise. After 8 albums there's gonna be things that will resemble one another because it's just who we are! :)

Hmm well I didn't listen to them back to back and was just going off of what I remember so you're probably right. After all, you're the one playing it so I think you would know. You guys definitely do have a sound, I just found that interesting and it was bugging me trying to figure out why it sounded familiar. Wasn't trying to insinuate that you guys recycle your own riffs(though I s'pose a lot of bands do!) if that's how it sounded haha.

Plus I think we all have those chords that we just gravitate towards.

I wasn't taking offense to your first post about it, hopefully my lil' smiley face indicated that haha

Like I said there's a similarity in the pattern and I guess a familiarity between the overall feel of the two sections you'd mentioned, but no definitely not intentional other than it just being a very "ND style" thing to do. There's some parts on this new cd which are definitely not typical ND style stuff, so hopefully it all balances out in the end anyhow!