Hearse mixing with Swano!

Nehebkau

Sep 17, 2006
http://www.bravewords.com/news/102842

Sweden's HEARSE, featuring ex-ARCH ENEMY frontman Johan Liiva, are currenty working on a new album. Drummer Max Thornell (ex-FURBOWL) has issued the following update:

"Yup, as told the new album is recorded. Time for mixing and time for Dan Swanö to take care of all the recorded files again! We had a great mixing session with the last album and we did not have to think twice this time. Dan was the man to do this, Hearse's fifth album!

The thing is that Dan and me have a bit different views on sounds and stuff, which in the end could be a total catastrophy... if it wasn't for the fact that the dude is so open to all ideas and have so many great ideas himself... and is like the easiest man on earth to work with!

He is the man that often refers to the likes of RUSH and similar bands while mixing, and in my world the early Sunlight productions still is the shit. That pretty much means we meet up somewhere in the middle which I think is a real good thing. Modern, but still pretty rough. I tell him when it sounds a bit too neat and he stops me when I come up with too bad ideas, he he!

We are now pretty close to the final album mix and I think it sounds just awesome! Could not be more pleased with the result! Not at least the sound I had in my head when we recorded it though. And well... Dan would never in hell let it sound like that. We all thank God (or the devil?) for that, he he!"

The new album will be issued through Vic Records in early 2009.

I love Johan Liiva, the early Arch Enemy albums made me get into metal... I haven't heard much of Hearse though. So this should be interesting!