HEART OF SUN - JUST HITTING STORES

MEGALOUD

The Nightmare Has Begun..
TIME TO GO OUT AND GET THIS ONE!

HEART OF SUN - Heart of Sun (RELEASE August 28th, 2007)
NMR-312
UPC 734923004226
l_bb9d295981c0b6c65ef7870c4b7185b9.jpg

HOSbandpic.jpg

AN AMAZING NEW ITALIAN BAND FORMED FROM THE ASHES OF OTHER GREAT BANDS, FUSING THEIR TALENTS TO MAKE A NEW MELODIC PROGRESSIVE POWER METAL GROUP, WITH THEIR OWN SPIN ON WHAT THAT SHOULD SOUND LIKE. The basic idea for forming Heart of Sun springs from the meeting of five artistic personalities which share the love for sound research, the energy of metal, the progressive atmospheres and a little hint of psychedelic, a bit of Jazz. After significant musical experiences that lead the guitarist to record and release albums with several metal bands ( DOOMSWORD, TIME MACHINE, POWER SYMPHONY, BEHOLDER) and they begin to work together, united by a strong synergy. The band realized they already knew a great vocal-talent in Pino Tozzi. Pino set out to enrich the work with the creation of the vocals. The drawing up of the concept-piece is ready.
In early 2007 the band signed a deal Nightmare Records for North & central America(USA & CANADA & Mexico), and the debut album is scheduled for being released August 28th, 2007

The Last Experiment.mp3
The Evil Tree.mp3

CHECK OUT THEIR PAGES
MAINPAGE
http://www.heartofsun.it
MYSPACE
http://www.myspace.com/heartofsunband

YES WE'LL HAVE A NICE BIG PILE OF THEM FOR PROG-POWER!!:headbang:

ok, had to hit this again, it's obviously something you guys are overlooking, this is truely a fantastic band and album that I hope you'll all take a moment to check out,
really it's that good! Now do yourself a favor....and listen to the two mp3 links I posted right above and post a little feedback!

thanks for listening,
Lance

Pino Tozzi sounds like he has a lisp. Kind of odd to hear. Maybe he's just struggling with his english enunciation. But besides that his voice is warm and nice to listen to. I like most of the Last Experiment. The main riff gets a tad tiring though after a couple minutes, but the neat moments start around 4 minutes into the song. Its worth waiting around for. And the song stays strong after that. The guitar solo is enjoyable to listen to, probably difficult to play (but I don't care about that so much), but its got something that makes me like hearing it (unlike straight scale sweep picking).

I like The Evil Tree. What I enjoy about this band is that they aren't afraid to switch up during songs. They don't necessarily rely on the major transitions from soft to loud, slow to fast; however, its inbetween certain notes, the choice of which notes to accent, that adds more dynamics to a song and less of a lull. Particularly in the singing. A good amount of emotion with no real concern about being a siren, or trying to stand out. I never got the sense that the band was trying to show off. I did hear a couple fills (guitar/keyboard) that didn't seem to really improve the song, nor necessarily feel that they went with the song.

The guitar solo at 5:00 in The Evil Tree is pretty sweet. Again not a technical sweet, but an emotional sweet. But if you like your technical things, the guy can surely play. Overall song craftmanship is high.