Heaven and Hell @ the HP Pavillion San Jose 4/24

Enemy242

Jun 27, 2004
CA
www.myspace.com
I figured since the tour just started i'd write a review for people going to the later dates so here it is.

Last night was heaven and hell in san jose. I got there at around 630 (show started at 7) and waited outside in line. the place was packed, and i saw channel 5 news cameras there, maybe doing a story about it? while waiting in line some christian preachers came up with thier jesus signs and ranted which made some entertainment while waiting to get inside, seeing some people actually rage at them or air hump them. After i got inside i went to look around and get a shirt and for anyone wondering about prices, through xl short sleeves are $30, with a fatty price raise for xxl to $35. long sleeves are close to 50 and i didn't even bother looking at anything else. at 7 exactly machine head started playing.

Machine head and a cool intro and and then came on and played for about 30 minutes, wayyyy too short. the sound was pretty muddy at times but for an opening band with no soundcheck thats pretty good. they really had a ton of energy and i've been waiting to see them for a long time so i was really excited. the setlist was in no order

Imperium
Aesthetics Of Hate
Now I Lay Thee Down (fucking boring live)
Davidian

Even though it was short, it was sweet.

Next, Megadeth started setting up with the United Abominations flag behind the stage and soundchecking daves new dean guitars which i must say, sounded pretty damn good. Megadeth came out and really ripped it up, getting the crowd to go crazy and played a wicked set. it was the following, in no order

Sleepwalker
Wake Up Dead
Tornado Of Souls
Take No Prisoners
Kick The Chair
Washington's Next
Symphony Of Destruction
Peace Sells
Holy wars

really a great performance and actually probably tied for my favorite of the night next to heaven and hell.

Finally, Heaven and hell set up behind a curtain and when they finished, opened it up to reveal a castle scene with the angels and devils in the background, and for different songs they had different projections on the wall and tv screens. they played a really long set which i don't remember every song but i think it was in no order

After All
Falling Off The Edge Of The World
The Mob Rules
The Sign Of The Southern Cross
Children Of The Sea
Voodoo
Lady Evil
Die Young
Computer God
I
2 new songs from the Dio years, The Devil Cried and something the wind or something

Encore
Heaven and Hell (big stage show, dio was perfect, it was amazing)
Neon Knights

Heaven and hell played absolutely perfectly, dio's voice was great, there was a lot of crowd interaction, Tony Iommi was shredding it up and the sound was pretty damn good. by the time they were on the place was sold out for obvious reasons and especially with the encore it really made it one of the best shows i've been to in a while. if you can go, go, even though the tickets are expensive, its so fucking worth it.

1. E5150
2. After All (The Dead)
3. Mob Rules
4. Children Of The Sea
5. Lady Evil
6. I
7. Sign Of The Southern Cross
8. Voodoo
9. The Devil Cried
10. Drum Solo
11. Computer God
12. Falling Off The Edge Of The World
13. Shadow Of The Wind
14. Guitar Solo
15. Die Young
16. Heaven and Hell (extended)
17. Neon Knights (encore)

look about accurate?

good megagay setlist, the show is WAYY too expensive, they are trying to rippoff every cent you have on the prices. I realize the props and shit cost money like the castle stage design, but i'd rather see them play on a normal stage with no castle and shit and charge me less rather than play with castles and shit like that.

i don't know where you're getting 80 dollars from, i got my general admission tickets which to my understanding costs more than seats and is actually better for something like 45 or 55 dollars. maybe its just this show thats cheaper or something.