HEAVEN AND HELL To Play Only DIO-Era BLACK SABBATH Songs On Tour - Jan. 18, 2007

Will Bozarth

Everlasting Godstopper
Jan 26, 2002
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
HEAVEN AND HELL To Play Only DIO-Era BLACK SABBATH Songs On Tour - Jan. 18, 2007
HEAVEN AND HELL — the new band featuring legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW) alongside original BLACK SABBATH members Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler, plus drummer Vinny Appice (DIO, BLACK SABBATH) — has confirmed to TotalRock that it will only be playing songs from the Dio era of BLACK SABBATH on its upcoming world tour. The group will put together its live show from the "Heaven And Hell", "Mob Rules" and "Dehumanizer" albums, plus three new songs written and recorded for the upcoming compilation album "Black Sabbath: The Dio Years".

HEAVEN AND HELL's world tour will kick off March 11 in Vancouver, British Columbia and will play at least ten shows across Canada, including Toronto, Montreal, Quebec City, Edmonton, Calgary, Regina, Winnipeg and London. An exclusive New York City show has also been scheduled but has yet to be announced. DOWN — the acclaimed New Orleans band featuring CORROSION OF CONFORMITY guitarist/vocalist Pepper Keenan, drummer Jimmy Bower (EYEHATEGOD, SUPERJOINT RITUAL guitarist), bassist Rex Brown (ex-PANTERA), guitarist Kirk Windstein (CROWBAR), and vocalist Philip Anselmo (SUPERJOINT RITUAL, ex-PANTERA) — will be the opening act for at least 10 of the dates. Then HEAVEN AND HELL will likely play South America, Japan, Korea, Australia and Europe before returning to North America for a U.S. tour in August or September.

HEAVEN AND HELL tour dates so far:

Mar. 11 - Vancouver, B.C. @ Pacific Coliseum
Mar. 13 - Edmonton, AB @ Rexall Place
Mar. 14 - Calgary, AB @ Saddledome
Mar. 16 - Regina, SK @ Brandt Centre
Mar. 18 - Winnipeg, MB @ MTS Centre
Mar. 20 - Sault St. Marie, ON @ Steelback Centre
Mar. 22 - Toronto, ONT @ Air Canada Centre
Mar. 24 - London, ONT @ John Labatt Centre
Mar. 26 - Montreal, QUE @ Bell Centre
Mar. 27 - Quebec City, QUE @ Colisee Pepsi Arena
Mar. 28 - Ottawa, ONT @ Civic Centre
Jun 6-9 - Sölvesborg, SWE @ Sweden Rock
Jun. 09 - Tampere, FIN @ Sauna Open Air
Jun. 10 - Helsinki, FIN @ Jäähallissa
Jun. 22-23 – Balingen, GER @ Bang Your Head!!!

The upcoming Dio-era BLACK SABBATH anthology, "Black Sabbath: The Dio Years", will feature three new songs ("Shadow of the Wind", "Devil Cries" and "Ear in the Wall"), and is tentatively due on April 3 via Rhino.

In a recent interview with Revolver magazine, Ronnie James Dio and Tony Iommi were asked if fans could expect a HEAVEN AND HELL album in the future. "Well, I'm not going to give up the DIO band," Ronnie said. "And I think touring for a year with this band will be long enough. But I would hope that we'll still be speaking to each other after that and that some other plans might be able to be made." "At this point, nothing is written in stone," Iommi added. "Anything could happen."

aww yeaaah

SO, what do YOU want this setlist to look like? Keep in mind it's fuckin DIO and he can remember lyrics better than Ozzy's teleprompter can... thus, probably making the show an hour and a half to 2 hours

That's pretty limiting.

I love Dio, but Dio singing the bands title track would be sweetness.

who gives a shit? i'll be leaving after Down and Megadeth

DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First leg. Canada, to Europe, Then onward to elsewhere, then, to the USA.

I'm sure there will be several dozen dates in the states.

Well it dont look like Armored Saint will be touring the US anytime soon. As for Dio i find him overated. To be honest i find BLack Sabbath(with any singer) to be jsut a overated band even if they are infuential to bands i do listen to. I feel the same way about Led Zepplin. but as far as Dio being infuential in the Power Metal genre i think hes overated as well as Dream Theater as a matter of fact.

if youve seen recent pictures of the sabbath members, youd see that bill ward looks the oldest, most haggard, and most out of shape. unfortunately, he has the most physically demanding role. maybe he's just too old to play all them fills for 2 hours night after night. or maybe he's busy.