Heaven and Hell to record an album in 2008!?

Vegetaman

Jagdpanzer
Mar 4, 2006
Illinois (Bradley University)
Just got the e-mail 20 minutes ago from Joe. Pretty epic stuff! :kickass:

http://www.black-sabbath.com/news/2007/10/new_heaven_hell_album_in_2008.html

The IMPORTANT part (a summary, if you will):

There's been much speculation of a forthcoming Black Sabbath reunion with the original line-up with Ozzy Osbourne at the helm, but founding member Geezer Butler has adamantly denied such rumors.

"Heaven and Hell are currently in discussions with various record labels about recording a brand new studio album in 2008," says Butler.

That means no more Sharon Osbourne cash grabs at Ozzfest! WHOO!

Zomg

And who the hell is Joe?

He runs black-sabbath.com.

I'm still wanting Dio's Magica II/III, as well (hopefully with Craig Goldy at the helm). But I am really excited since we've gotten no new studio material from Sabbath since 1995, and I think the band (either as Sabbath or H&H) need to release at least one more album to seal the deal, and I think Ozzy is too incompetent to do it.

Dehumanizer is your FAVORITE Sabbath album?????

Yes, it is a solid album, but not really much of a Sabbath-sounding album. Sounds more like a heavier Dio album (not that that's a bad thing).

I never even remotely consider that album when I think of "classic" Sabbath.

I love Dio-era Sabbath too, but at the end of the day, I would take the Ozzy-era Sabbath > Dio Years anytime.

They are indeed two different bands with the same name, so we could argue this till the cows come home and get nowhere, other than chalking it up to personal preference.

That's why it's my favorite.

It's Iommi without the Iommi cliches.

Exactly. It was a PROPER modernization of Sabbath's sound and Iommi really let loose with what I consider to be some really awesome riffs. Great solos, great riffs, great singing. And there's some good Geezer bass fills in there, too.

Also, I consider that album to be good because it's also kind of "edgy". It's a sound outside of the established "we can sell this record" from later-era Sabbaths. Not so radio friendly. Also... It's Dio not singing about Rainbows and Dragons.

Jasonic - I like Dio era Sabbath just a bit more than Ozzy era; but it's Ozzy's current state that makes me write him off for a new Sabbath album.

He just can't cut it musically anymore.

Jasonic - I like Dio era Sabbath just a bit more than Ozzy era; but it's Ozzy's current state that makes me write him off for a new Sabbath album.

He just can't cut it musically anymore.

No arguments there.
Can't say I would be excited about a new Ozzy-fronted Sabbath album either.

Ozzy with Sabbath and Dio with Sabbath are two totally different bands. When Ozzy was with Sabbath he never really wrote anything with them, if you notice he just follows Iommi’s riffs with his vocals (Iron Man anyone?). Geezer wrote most of the lyrics for that era too.
Dio on the other hand is a great songwriter and he actually contributed to the tunes. His approach was WAY different than Ozzy’s. This can be heard on the Live Evil album. When Dio sings NIB he adds so much melody to it it’s ridiculous.
BTW, Dehumanizer is one of my fav Sabbath records as well, it’s so damn dark. One of the best things about this reunion is hearing songs of that album, “I”, “Computer God” and so on.

However I am quite upset that I won’t hear Magica II and III anytime soon and my chances of seeing a reunited Rainbow are slimming.

Indeed, I was glad they played "I" and "Computer God". I would've really liked to hear them play a few more tracks from that album such as "TV Crimes" and "Letters From Earth". But hey, it was still a great set IMO.

I do like Geezer's subtle lyrics (such as on Cornucopia), but I do enjoy Ronnie's a lot too.

Yeah, the reunited Rainbow thing is pretty much all Ritchie "I CAN AND WILL FIRE YOU" Blackmore's fault though. That man has an uncontestable ego.

But hopefully we'll get Magica II/III from Dio by 2010. Unfortunately, it wouldn't surprise me if that is the last album he makes before he retires from the scene... After a good tour for it, of course.

Don't forget "After all the dead". When they started their set with this tune at the Allstate Arena I had goosebumps.
Ritchie's ego can be tamed with just the right amount of money. How many times did he reunite with Deep Purple?

Ritchie's ego can be tamed with just the right amount of money. How many times did he reunite with Deep Purple?

I will admit I thought about this while watching Ritchie strap on the white Strat for a long instrumental tune with Blackmore's Night the other day at HOB. How I would love to hear "Stargazer" and "Kill The King" be done with the some of the original players again...:headbang: