Heaviest Band Ever?

CivereSounds

Zakk Cervini
Everything sounds good level and separation-wise, but the snare could use more body, to me it doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the drums, and it gets drowned out fairly easily. The guitars sound good, but they have this high-mid frequency that sort of bugs me - I feel like I'm hearing the scratchy side of the tone and not much else. That whole sexual/domestic violence breakdown was pretty disturbing, I can't see those particular sounds going down favorably during a live show, but that's just me.

Everything sounds good level and separation-wise, but the snare could use more body, to me it doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the drums, and it gets drowned out fairly easily. The guitars sound good, but they have this high-mid frequency that sort of bugs me - I feel like I'm hearing the scratchy side of the tone and not much else. That whole sexual/domestic violence breakdown was pretty disturbing, I can't see those particular sounds going down favorably during a live show, but that's just me.

Basically all of this. The guitars could be a whole lot clearer.

These guys sound like a heavier Molotov Solution...with added domestic violence for the kiddies...

Ok thanks a lot for the advice guys........I got this to mix and there's no DI, i think the problem was that there was a bit too much gain on the amp head when they recorded this. Do you suggest i find that annoying mid frequency and eq it out?

Holy boring song batman. Recycling stupid diminished 5th breakdowns DOES NOT make a heavy band. Elton John is heavier than this horrible band.

But the mix is pretty good man. I like the drums. Don't mind the snare at all. Only small complaint is that 'scratchy' high mid in the guitar tone. Defo sounds like maybe a tad too much gain from the amp. I guess see if you can notch a little of that out and smooth it up a bit. There's only so much you can do with a weird tone to start. But good job otherwise!

fucking awesome band... to bad dude does WAY to many inhales and it's painfully obvious... i dont mind dudes doing whatever it takes but it's another thing when it's a bit too obvious.

apologies if dude is doing all exhales! STILL, they sound like inhales.

<-------dm vox snob

BUT, aside from that, i think this mix is fucking AWESOME. only listened to the final version but damnnnnnnnnnnn.

i'm kinda jelly!