Heavy Load

wdiv

Rattlehead
May 28, 2004
US
I snagged a copy of "Stronger Than Evil" & have been listening to it all day. I guess they're one of those cult bands that I've never heard before... Cool album. Makes me think of epic metal meets Dokken. Surprised that this never made it past vinyl (allegedly).

Actually both "Stronger Than Evil"(Japanese) and "Death Or Glory" (kinda bootleg) are available on CD.

Now Heavy Load is one of the BEST metal bands ever coming out of Sweden and in general worldwide terms. They can be seen as the godfathers of Swedish metal. Their first album is a bit more hard rockin, but the two aforementioned are pure kick ass metal. Heavy Load is one of those bands that MUST be in a serious metal collection.

Hammerfall made a cover of 'Run With The Devil' from STE in their recent tribute album "Masterpieces".

I can talk for days about Heavy Load is a band that just drive me over the edge everytime I listen to it, most excelent metal ever (thanks to Carnut for introduce me to them).

Their albums are difficult to get, but copies show on eBay from time to time.

Hammerfall made a cover of 'Run With The Devil' from STE in their recent tribute album "Masterpieces".

I've got a copy of that track off their Renegade single from about 1999-2000. Great cover (though I've bever heard the original).

Heavy Load was always one band I meant to get into and for reason or another, haven't. If we ever do another SS weekend (or whatever program replaces it - my vote goes to AIM) I'll keep my eye out for it. :kickass:

Finally something GREAT comes up. Heavy Load are completely essential, ROCKING stuff.

I need to find their first album and following EP, but I have the original, only official vinyl releases of Death or Glory and Stronger Than Evil and the Trespasser 7". It's all amazing stuff, old school Heavy Metal for the true devotee.

The day I can get Stronger Than Evil on CD is the day I will be a happy man!!

I love that album..needs to be on disc everywhere! Awesome Swedish Power Metal!! Inspired many!!

r4a.jpg

sefb.jpg

sebb.jpg

I said it in my previous post. A Japanese version is available, of course it's OOP so eBay it's your place to get it (that's where I found it) and I didn't pay an astronomical price. The booklet comes complete with the English and Japanese lyrics (but mine came without the OBI).

NP: Seventh Wonder - 'Welcome To Mercy Falls'

I said it in my previous post. A Japanese version is available, of course it's OOP so eBay it's your place to get it (that's where I found it) and I didn't pay an astronomical price. The booklet comes complete with the English and Japanese lyrics (but mine came without the OBI).

NP: Seventh Wonder - 'Welcome To Mercy Falls'

Yeah I need to get an upgrade copy!!!!

Sound quality pretty good then huh??

Yeah I need to get an upgrade copy!!!!

Sound quality pretty good then huh??

To my ears it does, but is well known I'm not a production freak, so as long as it rocks me I don't dive deep into the sound or production.

I love that album..needs to be on disc everywhere! Awesome Swedish Power Metal!! Inspired many!!

I have all 3 albums (well 1 EP and 2 LPs) on vinyl and they rock big time. Some damn fine traditional heavy metal. I did clean up all the tracks and transferred them on CD-R a while ago. The result was pretty good IMO and the sound quality is fine. However, it's too bad these albums can't get some "official" re-mastered releases. That would be great. There was a rumor that they had reformed and were preparing some new material a few years ago, but obviously, it didn't come through.

:kickass:

I have all 3 albums (well 1 EP and 2 LPs) on vinyl and they rock big time. Some damn fine traditional heavy metal. I did clean up all the tracks and transferred them on CD-R a while ago. The result was pretty good IMO and the sound quality is fine. However, it's too bad these albums can't get some "official" re-mastered releases. That would be great. There was a rumor that they had reformed and were preparing some new material a few years ago, but obviously, it didn't come through.

:kickass:

Shame..they SHOULD try re-forming..:Smokin:

Not to spam here, but just to help :)
Heavy Load cds Stronger Than Evil and Death or Glory are available at the link below. The owner of that cd shop is a good friend of mine, is 100% reputable, if he lists it on his page, he has it IN STOCK. No bullshit like on some other sites.
If you don't find it in the link below, click on Rare CDs and go about 3 pages in until you get to the H's....

http://www.harder-edged-music.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=67&sort=20a&page=3

Not to spam here, but just to help :)
Heavy Load cds Stronger Than Evil and Death or Glory are available at the link below. The owner of that cd shop is a good friend of mine, is 100% reputable, if he lists it on his page, he has it IN STOCK. No bullshit like on some other sites.
If you don't find it in the link below, click on Rare CDs and go about 3 pages in until you get to the H's....

http://www.harder-edged-music.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=67&sort=20a&page=3

Seems both are the Japanese print, it's a good chance to get them and I think the price is fair for such rare jewels.