Heavy Metal Parking Lot

Greeno

Oct 14, 2003
WV USA
Saw this on Blabbermouth.com

'Heavy Metal Parking Lot' Hits The Road - Jan. 30, 2004

Jeffrey Lee Puckett of The Courier-Journal reports that "Heavy Metal Parking Lot", a 16-minute documentary filmed in 1986 that has become a grassroots cult classic, is the basis of a new half-hour series that debuted last weekend but makes its big splash this Sunday (Feb 1) with a 19-hour marathon starting at 8 a.m.

The concept is simplicity itself: Jeff Krulik and John Heyn took a video camera to the parking lot of the Capital Centre in Washington, D.C., and interviewed JUDAS PRIEST fans partying before a show.

The result captures heavy metal culture at its peak: what it's like to be young and living in the mostly wasted moment, a beery slice of Americana, and a cinema verite version of reality TV.

"People have a real strong connection with the film," Krulik said. "They can see themselves in these folks. With 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot' I felt that you were either at that show or sat next to someone in homeroom who went."

The show is on Trio. Sounds like it could be interesting. Have any of you guys ever seen the original. I heard about it for years and was dying to see it since I was at that Priest show! Was hoping to see myself boping by in the background. :) After finaly seeing it (thanks Plan13!) there was no shots of a drunken 16 year old version of me. :) It is however funny as hell watching all of the drunk metalheads yelling "JUDAS PRIEST".... :lol: