Heavy Rock/Metal vocalist needed! :D

Humidfume

Hey guys n gals, what's up? (UK band, forgot to add to thread title! sorry)

My name is Joe and am a founding member of the band SijkMotiv£, we play progressive groove metal (think along the lines of Opeth, Pantera, Haji's Kitchen, Arch Enemy, Rage Against the Machine, Machine Head as influences).

We are in desperate need of a vocalist as we have a home studio and recorded tracks ready to gig, but no singer.
We're also expecting to alter the tracks etc for the vocals, as writing without them is difficult (when you try to include them after).

The band is situated in Cinderford, which is about 30 mins from Gloucester, which is about 3 hours away from London (UK band).

The type of vocalist we're after is a difficult one to pin down, as we can't hear what will and won't work.
We're open for ANY type of vocals (except scene screeching, pussy girl whining and pig squeels).
If the singer can't sing cleanly / gruffly then I'll do it, however we need a main singer to front the heavy aspects of the band (90 percent of it).

We do wish to play a ballad / softer track too though..not a pussyish and lame soft song, but think Opeth / Pantera.. soft and meaningful.

We practice on weekends at my home studio / garage and have a full P.A setup (lacking a proper live vocal mic though like an SM58 or something).

Some examples of singers we think would work would be:

Sebastian Bach, Phil Anselmo, Angela Gossow, Mikael Akerfeldt, Corey Taylor, Warrel Dane, James Hetfield, Randy Blythe, Rob Flynn, Mike Patton.. etc

So all you heavy rock/metal singers out there, this is your chance to help us create a revolution!!
please feel free to get in contact no matter how wierd or wonderful you think your vocals are, WE ARE OPEN TO EVERYTHING, except the above stated earlier.

many many many thanks in advance guys!

Joseph Parry
SijkMotiv£

MSN - silverspike2001@hotmail.com
Myspace - www.myspace.com/joseph.parry
Youtube - www.youtube.com/silverevolver

I'm not sure what you guys mean? You don't like Opeth?

Whenever I mention Groove Metal people seem to run away.. I'm not sure why, is there a certain group of bands linked to it?

At the end of the day we love making music which has power / punch to it.. makes you wanna head bang and rip your chest open with anger and excitement... we call that Groove Metal.. is it not classed as that?

Take any track from Vulgar Display of Power.. like Regular People or Rise.. that to me is groove metal.

The reason I call it progressive is because we like to try anything that works.. it's not forced (like Dream Theater imo) but I guess the main thing about our music is the structure and time signitures rather than combining differnet genres.

We enjoy ballads etc such as This Love, Cemetery Gates, anything by Opeth that's clean or even Metallica's stuff..

By progressive I am not meaning it in the sense of 50 genres of music in each song, it's more to do with the fact that we don't follow standard verse bridge chorus all the time, we like to just write music that works.

If a standard/traditional approach works, then we do that.. but sometimes we have so many riffs and grooves going on it just makes sense to make a more classical style of music where it goes on a journey rather than repeating itself..

Does this make sense guys?