Heavy: The Story of Metal on VH1

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
Has anyone been watching this show on Wednesday nights?
9.30 on VH1. It's pretty good. Part 3 aired last night and focused on the early 80's glam and hair bands.

Last nights highlight was an interview with the singer of Warrant who said he wants to shoot himself in the head for writing Cheery Pie. He said that song epitomises everything that went wrong with metal... He had a career and then after that song he became the cherry pie guy. He only wrote it cause they wanted a single. Wrote it in one sitting and it became huge... Next thing he knew he was promoting the album called Cherry Pie, the single Cheery Pie, and organising Cherry Pie eating contests! :lol:

Also, I liked the interview with Dee Snider when he said 'Fuck You, Fuck You, and Fuck You' to Mr Big, Poison, Extreme etc for playing acoustic ballards and ruining metal :lol:

Tune in next week if you have foxtel

yup have been tuneing in for that the last couple of weeks, It even inspired me to watch Decline of the Western Civilisation part 2 the Metal Years, again last weekend... I wish they make a revisit and see what Bands like ODIN, LONDON, SEDUCE, LIZZY BORDIN and all those other metalheads to see what happened to them ...........