Hehehehe...

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
Don't get me wrong, I'm not usually one to laugh at the misfortune of others, but I can't really help myself this time...

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,7011530%5E421,00.html

Hanson jailed for three years
August 20, 2003

FORMER One Nation leader Pauline Hanson and party co-founder David Ettridge have been jailed for three years each after being found guilty of fraud charges by a Brisbane District Court jury.

Judge Patsy Wolfe made no recommendation for parole.

Hanson, 49, and Ettridge, 58, had pleaded not guilty to fraudulently registering One Nation in Queensland on December 4, 1997.

Hanson had also pleaded not guilty to dishonestly obtaining almost $500,000 in electoral reimbursements after the 1998 state election.

But a Brisbane District Court jury found the pair guilty on all counts after more than nine hours of deliberations.

Former One Nation leader Hanson was clearly shocked by the verdict, angrily declaring: "Rubbish, I'm not guilty ... it's a joke."

After sentencing, Hanson was in tears as she hugged Ettridge and her two sons.

During sentencing submissions, Hanson said: "Yes, I'm still very innocent of the charges and I believe the prosecution has not proven the case against me or David Ettridge."

Ettridge, who represented himself at the trial, said: "I still maintain my innocence."

The jury was sent out at 3.54pm (AEST) yesterday after the 23-day trial which heard from 30 witnesses over allegations the pair lied to get the party registered.

It returned the guilty verdict at 2.32pm today.

Hanson and Ettridge were accused of pretending a list of more than 500 members used in the application to Queensland's Electoral Commission were people belonging to the party.

The Crown argued throughout the trial the list was of people belonging to Hanson's support movement.

AAP

BWAHAHAHAHAH! :headbang:

Thats the biggest crock of shit ever. Whether you agree with her policies or not (and I certainly didnt want her running the country, she couldnt string a sentence together most of the time), you dont get 3 years in this country for MURDER, yet they do? Bullshit.

I think in main its more proof of the big guys making sure the battlers stay down

Before David Etteridge came along she and most of her policies were actually very smart well thought out things that most of us were thinking, its the hangers on that fucked her and corrupted her weak state of mind. I think it is a very unfair decesion and I hope she fights it.

I think Ms Hanson and her policies sucked.

I also think that she scared the crap out of the big three/two parties, all of which have skeletons of their own, which have been briefly mentioned in the media and largely forgotten, as they are the establishment.

The major parties cannot afford competition, and this is how the disuade it.

No parole ??? WTF ??

Hope that they now go after Labour, the Libs, Nationals, and anyone else who hasn't done the right thing.