Hel

YMIR

Scaldic Art
Jan 11, 2002
Nederland
Visit site
Found this on the Otyg site!:)

Cia Hedmark joins the Vikingmetal band Hel!
Ex.vocalist and violin player in Otyg, Cia Hedmark, has joined the swedish vikingmetal band Hel.

This is very good news!! We really look forward to see results!
Best luck Cia!!
Hel's internet page: http://www.helsrike.com/

Pictures from Cia Hedmark in studio with her new band, Hel, is availeble here:
http://www.ultimathule.se/bilder/hel-inspelning-maj-2002/page_01.htm

Oh, and Blackspirit, they put also a link to Lumsk on their site!!:)

btw why is no one enthousiast about this news????!? I thought this is GREAT!!!! Okay I never heard their music. But if Cia play in a folk/viking metal band it must be good I think. Damn, my computer is so slowly, it takes so much time to download some songs Can please someone give their oppinion about Hel???

I would think that some of you may want to avoid Hel due to the political associations of their label, Ultima Thule records... Quite rightwinged folks...

I'm not interested in them myself since I don't like the "patriotic" viking rock (not to be confused with "viking metal") genre - neither the music nor the bands' politics...

If I like the music, I listen to it. End of story.

But then, every time I say "End of story", I feel an urge to go on.

I can't think of any bands I listen to right now, that have rather extremist views (nor can I think of any bands on such labels). But that's simply because I don't care. Not one bit. See, I'm not going to sit down and discuss politics with them. If I disagree with their political point of view, that doesen't matter, because I'll just be listening to, and enjoying, their music.

That said, I'm a quite patriotic soul. Now, I'm not racist. Rather the opposite. But patriotism has gotten a negative sound to it lately, oddly enough. Hell, the only ones I'm negative towards on a racial basis, is norwegians.
And although I live in Norway, was born in Norway, and can trace my ancestry back to Tore Hund, that doesen't make me a Norwegian. But I'm not going to explain those views of mine here.

Originally posted by Luguber
I would think that some of you may want to avoid Hel due to the political associations of their label, Ultima Thule records... Quite rightwinged folks...

I'm not interested in them myself since I don't like the "patriotic" viking rock (not to be confused with "viking metal") genre - neither the music nor the bands' politics...

Who cares about he bandmembers politic views..?

Obviously several people on this forum do, considering the Storm discussion some time ago

Won't keep me from listening if the music's good enough, though, although I can't say that about any of the bands on UT's label...