Held Under - Dying Breed

tsorl

Borne on Wings of Steel
Aug 3, 2003
Finland
www.ollischroderus.fi
Here's a band that should appeal to most people here. Some of the US metal experts probably are familiar with them already but anyway: Held Under is a US prog/power band who released one album in 1991 and folded after that. I had never heard of these guys until recently and probably never would have if it weren't for Stormspell Records who re-released the debut album "Dying Breed" with bonus tracks a plenty in 2008. It looks like the band has since reunited and are working on new material (and looking for a singer).

The band is from Seattle, Washington and yes, their music does have that Queensrÿche/Heir Apparent melodic flair and a great singer. Hear for yourself: http://www.myspace.com/heldunderseattle. Aggressor Nation, Masters Of Illusion, Tomorrow And Forever and Dorian Gray are from the debut album while Calm Before The Storm is a demo track.
Valhalla is of course a Crimson Glory cover and newly recorded without the old singer who is apparently not able to sing this stuff anymore because of a car accident in the 90s. :( Vocally this is quite different to the original CG version but interesting nonetheless.

Just ordered the album today from the US but I can already safely say this band is one of the better discoveries I've made recently. :kickass:

Album cover by Dimitar Nikolov who has done all the KIT festival artwork among other stuff:
l_664d77a7b8786d6c4248c2aabf9d0335.jpg