Helion Prime - BAD ASS new power metal band

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
I will add this to the Power Metal thread as well, but when a band impresses me this much they deserve their own thread.

I just stumbled across the band Helion Prime today. What an absolute pleasant surprise! I'm usually a hard sell on female fronted bands, but this metal chick (Heather Michele) has power, melody and a soft touch when called for. Fantastic voice. Musically - sheesh, I want to describe it as Ayreon meets Lost Horizon; well written songs and great playing, powerful. They have their own thing going on while still playing off what has come before them. This is my personal idea of what it takes for an album to standout in a very crowded space.

I will be shocked if this doesn't end up in my top 5 for the year (I bought the album and got the instant digital download on their bandcamp page). There's no filler on this album, all kick ass tunes. I won't know until I can read the liner notes/lyrics, but I think this is a concept album, or if anything, a tightly knit space theme.

upload_2016-2-23_22-14-8.png

i hope you all agree and buy the album if you like it! Let me know what you think, or if you have a better comparison to describe their sound leave it below.

Attachments

• upload_2016-2-23_22-15-18.png
    upload_2016-2-23_22-15-18.png
    439.4 KB · Views: 2