HELLO and 2 New CD's That Rock Me!

tedvanfrehley

Your Favorite Uncle
May 28, 2003
the bluegrass state
Visit site
HELLO SIXXSINE MY BROTHER AND ALL THE REST OF YOU CRAZY MOTHERS! I was in a jolly good mood tonight and thought I'd stop in to say hello!!! I also want to tell you TWO new CD's I got that RAWK my everloving world. Ok so they're not metal but they are great Rock N Roll and I think everyone should own these if you like music made by ten fingers and six strings.

Up first is the DRIVE BY TRUCKERS - A Blessing and a Curse. MAN WHere have I been?? This is the group I have been waiting for since Appetite came out. Finally a band gets the dirty rock right again!!! if you haven't checked them out please do. Think Skynyrd meets Old Stones meets DOCUMENT era REM with a little bit of MAIDEN thrown in. (I only say Maiden cause they have some great dual guitar leads that smoke! The title track's riff somehow oddly reminds me of the intro to PHANTOM OF THE OPERA or IRON MAIDEN) Great riffage and dark lyrics......LOVE this one. SWINE, you would like 'em!

Second...I hope I don't get flamed for this one but the RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS STADIUM ARCADIUM IS GREAT!!!!!!!! I think John Frusciante is channelling Hendrix's ghost or something he is playing great. Again not metal but this is a massive double disc that if you pick up this week at BEST BUY is only $11.99 and that's a lot of music for a low low price! Highly recommended great driving music. I have always liked the Peppers since my skateboarding days...but this is their finest hour.

FINALLY, for those who care...things are going good. I have been building a swingset for my daughter and that is killing me...but life is grand.

Went to the Kentucky Derby last weekend. Now THERE is a party. Actually met the director CAMERON CROWE in the betting line. Talked to him and blew his mind when I told him his greatest movie ever is FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH..he liked that...he said most people say "Almost Famous" and I was like...."no sir. JEFF SPICOLI is the greatest character of modern cinema!"

Anyway..how are Y'ALL doing???
love ya
ted

Hi uncle Ted! Good to see you around, don't be a stranger and drop by more often we miss our very own TVF ;)

Hi Mr. T, good to see ya again ! Chilli Peppers do tend to get better with their later albums imo. I remember their earlier albums usualy only had 1 or 2 good songs on it ( Blood Sugar Sex Magic & One Hot Minute ) But Californication was alot better. Drive By Truckers sounds interresting, I waited for Velvet Revovelver like that, turned out not to be that bad.

tedvanfrehley said:
Up first is the DRIVE BY TRUCKERS - A Blessing and a Curse. MAN WHere have I been?? This is the group I have been waiting for since Appetite came out. Finally a band gets the dirty rock right again!!! if you haven't checked them out please do. Think Skynyrd meets Old Stones meets DOCUMENT era REM with a little bit of MAIDEN thrown in. (I only say Maiden cause they have some great dual guitar leads that smoke! The title track's riff somehow oddly reminds me of the intro to PHANTOM OF THE OPERA or IRON MAIDEN) Great riffage and dark lyrics......LOVE this one. SWINE, you would like 'em!

ted
Great band! 'Southern Rock Opera' is my favorite DBT album, but I like'em all...excellent choice!