Hello from India!

Amogh

The Philosopher
Nov 25, 2006
Mumbai, India.
Just wish I could have joined this forum a couple of years ago. :(

As for the introduction, I'm a third year mechanical engineering student... I was introduced to rock by my dad, who listens to Pink Floyd, The Doors, Jethro Tull, and the Eagles. That's how I got into metal! But still, I think that classic rock pwns metal anyday!

That's all, folks! It feels good to be a part of this huge forum, hope to have a great time here! :headbang:

Dear Amogh,

Welcome, for my part, though I'm about as new as you to here.

On Classic Rock, I submit that it is to Heavy Metal as the parent is to the child. The former genre is about exploring the fabulous, the latter about exploring the horrifying. I would argue that the child is more powerful than the parent, just as a cupful of half hemlock and half wine will be somewhat permanent in its effects rather than pleasantly ephemeral.

Both genres are useful for different things, but Classic Rock is the herald to Metal, not vice versa.

Narziss

Dear Amogh,

Welcome, for my part, though I'm about as new as you to here.

On Classic Rock, I submit that it is to Heavy Metal as the parent is to the child. The former genre is about exploring the fabulous, the latter about exploring the horrifying. I would argue that the child is more powerful than the parent, just as a cupful of half hemlock and half wine will be somewhat permanent in its effects rather than pleasantly ephemeral.

Both genres are useful for different things, but Classic Rock is the herald to Metal, not vice versa.

Narziss

Haha, true that. To each his own! Thank you once again, all!