Hello from the gutter

ZoMb!M@N

Old-School Headbanger
May 31, 2005
The Multiverse
www.zombiman.com
Hey all - i'm an old-school headbanger from Raleigh, NC by way of a small town in NY east of Syracuse called Canastota (did ya get that?) Anyway, i was introduced to metal at the tender age of 10 by my eldest sister's boyfriend. I don't have any brothers, so I spent alot time with him. I remember listening to AC/DC loudly alot, i could at one point, recite the lyrics to every track on "High Voltage" and "Let There Be Rock". My sisters listened to bands like BOC, Montrose, Uriah Heep, Head East, Mountain and the Rossington Collins Band. Another friend of the family was a drummer, and only lived two houses over. He listened to Sabbath, Zeppelin, Nugent, etc. I couldn't have NOT turned out this way, I had no choice... LOL

I started playing the guitar at 14, and i'm still not very good, but its fun to wail away and make up riffs. I can play some older sabbath, ac/dc, and of course "Smoke on the Water" .... LOL

I grew up in the 80's which was a great time for music, so much metal, so little time. Once the whole depressing Seattle thing hit, it just sucked the life out of the metal scene and drove it underground again. Honestly, I like it better this way. I never listen to the radio, I can't take all the crap that passes for rock music nowadays. I only listen to CDs in the car and my shoutcast station or the little vinyl i have at home.

That's about it.......

My first concert was .38 Special (i was too young to drive... sad, huh?)
My favorite band is Judas Priest
My favorite movies are the Evil Dead trilogy
I like Pepsi much better than Coke
I'm a stoner o_O
My turn-ons are big breasts and drum solos
I'm left-handed (no, i use my right hand for THAT :p )

...anything else?

i was brought up on Rainbow, Led Zepplin, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Metallica, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Maiden. So I do appolygise NOW, before anyone comments on the fact i listen to children of bodom, Arch Enemy and Killswitch Engage, and SOAD are slowly growing on me, next time i enter a fucking forum LOL. Now i got that off my chest :erk:

Ive seen ALOT of amateur bands around Birmingham, UK. but ive only seen Iron Maiden live at the moment, which is weak, but ive never had the money to see the bastards id like to see.