Hello Hello!

Yeomans

Teh Ultimate Newb
Feb 3, 2002
Perth , Aus
Visit site
Hello Hello! Just thort i would say hello , seeing its my first post n all

Just a quick qesution hey , some of you peeps talked about buying iced eaths box set for $80. Ive only seen it in one cd store in perth , and it was $110

Im guessing you guys brought it over the net.... anyone care to enlighten me where from?

Your help would be mightly appreciated to someone who has just opened his eyes to metal :)

Ive only got 6 maiden albums , 1 iced earth 2 slayer albums and 1 manowar......im getting there hey :)

If it was 200 dollars it would still be a bargain!
Iced Earth rock :headbang:

Gimme an I!

That's right.. I just bought mine from Metal-Mayhem for $85.
And the good news is the CD's are no longer labled incorrectly. yay.. :)

Hello hooray to you too.

METAL RULES! Welcome to the club :headbang: :headbang:

I got mine at Metal Mayhem for $75 :D At least my partner did. She's probably the second girl they've seen in there. The first was just asking for directions.

Hahahaha asking for directions lol!

I remember Sash at Metal Mayhem once told me someone came in and asked if they had any Eminem and he thought the person meant M&M's, and told them to go to the 7 Eleven on the corner of Elizabeth hahaha, and the dude goes "Nah Eminem is a rapper" and Sash said "Then why the fuck are you asking if a we have any here? Its a metal shop!" Hahaha.

Originally posted by Yeomans
Ive only got 6 maiden albums , 1 iced earth 2 slayer albums and 1 manowar......im getting there hey :)
Make sure the next album you get is either:

Dream Theater -- Scenes From a Memory
Megadeth -- Rust in Peace
Black Sabbath -- Paranoid

Every metal fan should own them!! :)

Originally posted by 9mm

Make sure the next album you get is either:

Dream Theater -- Scenes From a Memory
Megadeth -- Rust in Peace
Black Sabbath -- Paranoid

Every metal fan should own them!! :)

I'll second that!
Except exchange Paranoid for Heaven and Hell.:)

Get rid of Dream Theater and replace it with WASP - WASP !!!!

\m/

Or perhaps Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime if you wanna stick to a prog metal album.

I don't know which Iced Earth CD you have, but they're all good. There was another recent thread where we discussed them, but to save you time I'll sum them up (being 1 of the 2 resident Iced Earth maniacs):
- Dark Saga - Excellent - That's where Spawn gets his name!
- Something Wicked this way Comes - My first and will always have my heart
- Horror Show - their latest - awesome - where I get my name (Wolf is the first track on the CD)
- Days of Purgatory - harder and darker than the other 3, but excellent! Still has Matt Barlow on vocals. But, you need to get the 2-CD version, as it has far more songs for only a few bucks more (U.S. anyway)
- Dark Genesis - boxed set. Includes their "Tribute to the Gods" CD which has remakes from KISS, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Judas Priest, Alice Cooper, Blue Oyster Cult and Sabbath. It also has remakes of their first 3 CD's, so no need to buy their self-titled first album, Night of the Stormrider, or Burnt Offerings - if you buy this set. It is well worth anything you pay for it (and you save on buying 3 of their CD's too.) I got my copy from theendrecords.com for $33 American $$ (I know it's not Aussie currency), though I heard they've gone up since then.

Okay, now my next recommendation would also be Queensryche.
- Operation: Mindcrime - best concept album
- Promised Land - I loooooove this one
- Empire - has Silent Lucidity
- Rage for Order - excellent CD - pre-Operation: Mindcrime
- Greatest Hits - is how I got started and an excellent way to get an idea of all their various styles.

I know, someone yells Iced Earth or Queensryche and I go ballistic. It's in the blood!!! Right Spawny?

Good luck and from another newcomer, welcome!
:lol: :cool: :hotjump: :headbang:

Originally posted by She Wolf

I know, someone yells Iced Earth or Queensryche and I go ballistic. It's in the blood!!! Right Spawny?

Damn straight :D