Hello - I'm new to IMG

Neil

Aint my Bitch!
Hiya Guys,

I've wanted to be a part of your group for AGES, cause I am a keen guitar player, and there is nothing I love more than playing Dave Murray's guitar parts.

The only thing that held me back before was not having the right equipment to do it. However, for my 21st Birthday, I am getting a Digital 4 track recording studio, so I will be able to do some stuff :D - That's if I'm welcome ;)

Anyway - Could anyone explain to me the process of doing things like this?, cos I'm really willing to learn. I have a fair idea I know what to do so!

Anyway, I suppose there isn't many tracks left to do?, bet you've covered them all! I'd love to do ANY Maiden, any B L A Z E, and Metallica if you want to!

Thanks very much!

Neil

Originally posted by Neil
Hiya Guys,

I've wanted to be a part of your group for AGES, cause I am a keen guitar player, and there is nothing I love more than playing Dave Murray's guitar parts.

The only thing that held me back before was not having the right equipment to do it. However, for my 21st Birthday, I am getting a Digital 4 track recording studio, so I will be able to do some stuff :D - That's if I'm welcome ;)

Anyway - Could anyone explain to me the process of doing things like this?, cos I'm really willing to learn. I have a fair idea I know what to do so!

Anyway, I suppose there isn't many tracks left to do?, bet you've covered them all! I'd love to do ANY Maiden, any B L A Z E, and Metallica if you want to!

Thanks very much!

Neil

Hi Neil!

You're certainly welcome! :cool: We're always keen on having new players join up!

The first thing I'd suggest is that you go to our website (Click my "www" button below) and read through the "Recording Process" section. It explains alot of what you'll need to know.

After that, just keep in touch here and we'll get you involved soon. :)

Cheers!
--Eddie's Cellmate

Great - Cheers matey!

I have been on here before, saying I would like to be part of this place, but like I said before, my equipment was not good at all!

I had a crappy Amp, and ma guitar.

I am now a friend of Steve Wray (Guitarist from B L A Z E), and he gave me a deal on my new amp.

I now own...

Marshall 9100 - Rack Mounted Power Amp
Marshall JMP-1 - Rack Mounted Pre - Amp
Marshall JCM Lead 4x12 Cab.

I use a Fender strat, with Floyd Rose style trem, and active Jim Dunlop pickups (Single Coils), and I use Rotosound 9's for the strings!

I know that's just me murmerring on, but hey ;)

Anyway, the problem I had was I have my computer downstairs, and all my gear upstairs, so I could not record. However now with a Digital 4 Track, hopefully I will be able to sort something!

Have you got any Drum/Bass tracks that I can have a go at playing too?

Cheers, and I look forward to playing with you guys!

neil

Hey Neil,

Welcome.

There are no talked about projects really. A couple of us have some 'loose ends' to tie up with songs we started long ago, but there are no new projects started. We are waiting on our main drummer to kick us out a few new drum tracks to get working on. I'll make sure to mention 'Virus' as a request.

..oh..and nice EQ setup. Now all you need is IMs amp settings and you should pretty much be able to duplicate their sound exactly.. ;) ..oh..and you need to replace those single coils with some nice Hot Rails....

Yea...Tons... anything specific you are looking for? Unfortunately, our incomplete files (individual tracks) are scattered everywhere...so i can't just point you to a single source.