hello

Tamadrummer73

Apr 16, 2006
New Jersey
Hi, my name is Anders Lindfors

I am fairly new to many metal bands out there, but I love the genre more then any other (I'd have to say my specific favorite it progressive metal). I was raised on music like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Rush, King Crimson, and my father basically brought me up into enjoying good rock, and later metal. When i was little I first heard Tool on the radio, and instantly loved them within the first few minutes. Since then, I have discovered and grown to love great bands like Opeth, Dream Theater, Lamb of God, and many others. I am up to learning about other metal bands, and, like I previously stated, I havent found really any type of metal that I dont like. (oh yea, and I hate rap :heh: :headbang: ).

I am also a drummer, and been for 5 years. I enjoy playing all types of music, but I, again, prefer styles of metal. Great drummers like Danny Carey, Mike Portnoy, Martin Lopez, and Neil Peart have all influenced my style of drumming. I love to read about other, more experienced drummers and their styles, so that I can experiment and mess around until I find my own unique style. Unfortunately on the South Jersey shore there isnt a huge amount of local metal, or an abundance of metal fans, so getting noticed is hard around here...

I hope that wasn't too long of an opening, and I am looking forward to some great experiences here.

Tamadrummer73 said:
I hope that wasn't too long of an opening, and I am looking forward to some great experiences here.

Of course not!! Welcome Anders!! This place rocks you'll like it here! Also cool name.