Helloween, Gamma Ray, Iced Earth, and Bruce Dickinson

Zivilyn

I'm long winded
Jul 17, 2003
Visit site
Okay I'm doing an experiment right now. I need to know what you guys think of these bands. I'm not looking for recommendations, an argument, nothin. Just opinions, flat out. Make it as long or as short as you wish. I'm doing this partly to help someone out, and partly to prove myself right. I know the general opinions of this board will sort of reflect the opinions of informed metal listeners overall.

Go for it.

Helloween with Kai Hansen rules. Gamma Ray rules. Basically Kai Hansen rules. Iced Earth was great up through Something Wicked. I am not too keen on Bruce Dickinson's solo stuff, but he too, is awesome.

Iced Earth is a solid band. I'm from San Fransico and 36 years old. I saw the birth of trash metal. I am a product of the 80s. The only good bands left are Exodus and Death Angel. Gamma ray is ok but dosen't kick my ass. Helloween I saw in 89. then nothing. They are a good band. Dickens sucks. And he knows it. Pick up tatooted millionair it SUCKS. DAVID BOWIE COVER SONG. CRAP. Thats why he went back to Maiden

if you're trying to convert this friend into a metalhead you are taking one of the worst approaches possible.

Get him into Emperor and Slayer, from there he'll blossom into a worthy metalhead.

Iced Earth - Loved Stormrider and Burnt Offerings
Helloween - Power/Euro-Speed metal roots
Bruce Dickenson - Come on now
Gamma Ray - Havent heard too much of them but what I've heard is pretty solid.

Nice selection of bands there. Actually, besides to Gamma Ray, I love them.

Anyone that can't appreciate early Helloween, Land Of The Free and on Gamma Ray, the first two albums of Iced Earth, or recent Bruce solo albums are just fucking gay in that their immasculinity won't let them like something so awesome because it's not extreme.

Fuck people that can't appreciate Traditional Metal.

Whenever I try to show people Early Iced Earth albums they laugh and just assume they suck ass.

No one likes diversity in the above world.. which is why I come here, to the underworld.