HELLOWEEN's "Rabbit Don't Come Easy" or MASTERPLAN's self titled??

Papa Josh

Minister of Propaganda
Those of you into either group may have read or heard about the feud between Michael Weikath of Helloween and his former bandmates Uli Kusch and Roland Grapow, who now are part of the "fucking-A" awesome Masterplan with vocalist Jorn Lande. I personally love The Dark Ride from Helloween (dominantly written by Grapow and Kusch w/ Andi Deri, but Weikath slags the album every chance he gets.

I wanna know which album you think is better, Rabbit Don't Come Easy, Weikath's baby, or the self titled Masterplan disc.

I hate Rabbit Don't Come Easy, and never heard the other two.

He does whinge quite a bit doesn't he? I had to transcribe our interview with him, and I just wanted to tell him to shut his fucking trap whilst listening to him go on and on. That interview is paraphrased by the way - otherwise it would have been 3 times the length, no lie.

He just sounds like someone who will never be happy with anything. Even on stage, he looks bored with life.

I couldn't be bothered with either, but that interview is rather sad...I remember reading another with Deris in which he said the same things...sure, the happy happy shit is your calling card, but they're capable of other things...not too much IMO, but you get the point anyway.

"Rabbit Don't Come Easy", aside from being a really bad title, is a pretty weak disc. In fairness, I've never been a huge Helloween fan.

Masterplan is solid. However, I find it hard to get excited by this disc. Whenever I hear it I get sad that Jorn left behind Ark for generic Power Metal.

GZ