Help....How do I ...............

Go advanced

FatesFan said:
Help....How do I post a picture in a thread post?

In either the reply or the new thread text entry box, there is an icon that looks like a little mountain top. Click on that and you will see a pop up box that says something like this:

Enter the text to be formatted:

[ IMG ]xxx [ /IMG ]

Where the xxx is, type or paste the URL for the image you want to be displayed. The text for the following picture looks like this (without the spaces)

[ IMG ] http://www.colleengray.com/images/Photos/ColleenandDC1.jpg [ /IMG ]

Hope that helps :)

It displays like this:

ColleenandDC1.jpg

13ShadesofGray said:
In either the reply or the new thread text entry box, there is an icon that looks like a little mountain top. Click on that and you will see a pop up box that says something like this:

Enter the text to be formatted:

[ IMG ]xxx [ /IMG ]

Where the xxx is, type or paste the URL for the image you want to be displayed. The text for the following picture looks like this (without the spaces)

[ IMG ] http://www.colleengray.com/images/Photos/ColleenandDC1.jpg [ /IMG ]

Hope that helps :)

It displays like this:

ColleenandDC1.jpg

So then the picture has to reside on the web? I can't upload a personal pic that resides on my pc?

So then the picture has to reside on the web? I can't upload a personal pic that resides on my pc?

not to a message board, no. It has to be on the internet somewhere. The message board simply links to it.

FatesFan said:

I believe that is the case. I don't see any file attachment options in the reply area. If you need a place to upload the picture(s) to, here a couple of suggestions.

Yahoo Photos Yahoo automatically resizes your images to 480x360 as a standard. Only supports JPG files. You'll need to right click and select properties on the image to get the URL address.

Photo Bucket - Size limit on images is 250kb. Files over that size are automatically resized without losing any clarity. 25mbs total allowed storage for their free service. Photobucket also supplies you with the necessary code you would need to copy and paste. Pretty nifty :) And they also support jpg, gif, png, bmp and swf files.

Again, hope this helps :)

13ShadesofGray said:
I believe that is the case. I don't see any file attachment options in the reply area. If you need a place to upload the picture(s) to, here a couple of suggestions.

Yahoo Photos Yahoo automatically resizes your images to 480x360 as a standard. Only supports JPG files. You'll need to right click and select properties on the image to get the URL address.

Photo Bucket - Size limit on images is 250kb. Files over that size are automatically resized without losing any clarity. 25mbs total allowed storage for their free service. Photobucket also supplies you with the necessary code you would need to copy and paste. Pretty nifty :) And they also support jpg, gif, png, bmp and swf files.

Thanks for the help!

BenMech said:
Gee Colleen - you just wanted another excuse to post your pic with DC again :Spin:

Well..... I could have gone with either a cute kitten and been just ridiculed forever, or one of me, which would have been a "Hey look at me!" type thing, but no. You are correct ;) Just had to use it as an excuse because... as FatesFan said, He IS the man! lmao

13ShadesofGray said:

Thanks for this info, Colleen. A friend is looking for a place to house the pics he took during this year's Georgia RennFaire...about 1800 pics total, and 2.4gigs -- no, I'm NOT kidding. :loco:

I'd thought Photobucket was a possibility but maybe not. Even I don't have the necessary storage to house all of that. (He has .mov files, too. :Spin: )