help me transcribe Cloud Constructor by Spiral Architect!

Coypu

Mar 16, 2002
medieteknik.bth.se
Alright, I have been transcribing the bassparts for this song and I have difficulties with some sections and I also haven't tabbed the end (about 85% is tabbed). There is alot of need for corrections and if someone is good at time signatures and durations then that would be good.

part 1 with guitar* (almost done):
http://galaxen.net/~coypu/musik/spiral_architect_cloud_constructor.ptb

part 2 which is under construction :
http://galaxen.net/~coypu/musik/cloud.ptb

* note : I didn't transcribe any guitar, the credit is someone elses.

Any helps is appreciated!!

Hey Coypu!

Wow, I tried your tab for Spinning, and till now, that sounds kinda perfect!!

Sorry I can't help you, but I do not have the required experience with bass to help you tabbing those songs...

...what's the problem? The tab looks pretty good.
But if you'd like (when I get the chance), I'll look over it and see if I can add my 2 cents.

And where did israel find your tab for Spinning? I'd like to take a look at it myself. (And is there any other SA tab floating around that you know of?)

Well some sections are abit vague, like the section before the calm part with harmonics. I do alot of guess work there so more opinions would be good on that section. The ending isn't tabbed, I'm gonna tab it sometime soon but if someone else could do parts of it then it would help. I still haven't figured out much durations and time signatures, maybe a drummer or someone good at it can pitch in ones the whole tab is done. Lars Norberg said that he could maybe correct it if someone else than him create the tab so with some luck he will do it once we get a decent transciption ready.

Here is my spinning tab, and as you can see I didn't get very far.

SPIRAL ARCHITECT - SPINNING (BASS TAB)

INTRO
|---------------------------------6-5---9-8---7-6-------------|
|-4-3---------7-6---5-4-----8-7-------6-----9-----7-----------|
|-----4-3---------7-----5-------8-----------------------------| pause
|---------4-4---------------------------------------(1)-------|

SECTION A
|---------------------------------------7-7--------------------------------------------------------------11-|
|-------------------------------------------9--------------------------------------1-3-1-------------8-9----|
|-3---4-4-4---4-4---6-6-6-6-3---4-4-4--------------------------6-6-4------5~---2-4-------4--4----6----------|
|---------------------------------------------10-10-9-7-9-8----------2~-----------------------4-------------|

SECTION B
|-------8-----11---------9-----------10-------8-----11-----8---9----------10-|
|-----8-----11---------9----------10--------8-----11-----8---9---------10----|
|---8-----11---------9---------10---------8-----11-----8------------10-------|
|-8----------------9--------10----------8------------------------10----------|

SECTION C
|---------------------------------6----4---5-|
|-------------2----------------------4---4---|
|-----------2----??????????????--------------|
|-6---6---2----------------------------------|

vocals enter
|----------------------------------------------------------------------------3-2---1--------|
|-d----------------------------------4-------4---d-------------------------1-----3---3-1----|
|-6----------------7----6-----6---6--------------6~~~6---------2-2--2-2---------------------|
|---------3\----------------------------------------------5---------------------------------|

|---------------------------------7-------6-------------------------------10-9----------|
|-----------<4>-----------------------9-8--------------------------------------8--------|
|-<harmonics>---<4>-----<4>-----8---8--------6------------------6--6--------------4---5-|
|-------------------<4>--------------------------5--5-5--5-6-7--------6-6---------------|

3x 4x
|------------|-------------|-------------8-9---|-----------------|
|------------|-------------|-7-----6---------7-|-----------------|
|------------|---------6-7-|---6-6---6-6-------|---------6-7-----|
|-0-0-0--0-0-|-5-4-4-4-----|-------------------|-5-4-4-4---------|

|----5-5-6-6-----------------8----------11---------9----------10-|
|--------------------------8---------11----------9---------10----|
|----------------5-5-----8--------11-----------9--------10-------|
|----------------------8-------11------------9-------10----------|

0:54 ------>

|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------4-3---2---|
|------------------------------------2--4---d-------------------------------------2-----4---3-|
|-6--------------7----6----6--5----2--------6------6------------------------------------------|
|--------3/------------------------------------------------5-----6----7-6-7-------------------|

|---------------7-------6------------------------8-8-6----------------------------------------------
|-------------------9-8-----------------d-d---------------------------------------------------------
|-<harmonics>-8---8-----------------6-6-6-6--5-6-------4--5------3-0-1-6-6-6-6---6-6-6-6---6-6-6-6--
|-------------------------5-5-5-6-7--------------------------0-0------------------------------------

|-------------------------------------------------------7-9---------------------------------------------------
|--------------------------------6--------------------9-------------------------------------------------------
|-6-6-6---6-6-6-6-6-6---6-6-6-------6-6-6-6---6-6-6-7-------6-6-6-6---6-6-6-6---6-6-6-6---6-6-7-8-9-11-6------
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1:27 ------->

|-
|--
|-
|--

Originally posted by Spiralmaster
hey coypu I think the tab its very good, not perfect but very close. Why don't you put all the tabs in your webpage in ptb format?

I am bad at figuring out durations and time signatures. It is just so much easier with tab since you just figure out the notes and that's it. I have all the original songs anyway so I have no personal use more advanced stuff than tab.

...I haven't had a chance to really sit down with Cloud Constructor yet. But I'm pretty sure the intro is not tapped. You're making it much harder than it is. Try this:

|---------------
|------4---5----
|-0-2---2----3--
|---------------

Easy!

I've started tabbing "Fountainhead" , I just started on it this morning , so I've just come to the guitar solo in the intro part.
But I reckon I'll be finished with it within a few days.
Shall I send it to you Coypu , so you can put it up on your site?

Originally posted by Tyr
I've started tabbing "Fountainhead" , I just started on it this morning , so I've just come to the guitar solo in the intro part.
But I reckon I'll be finished with it within a few days.
Shall I send it to you Coypu , so you can put it up on your site?

Sure that would be great if you could do that. you can mail it here : joba01@student.bth.se when you get done.

Ok , I've stopped working on "Fountainhead" , appearantly Lars already transcribed it a while ago , along with "Insect". But it's only the notes , not tablature. So I'm waiting for him to send me the notes , so that I can translate it into PowerTab.
So stay tuned :)

I've helped out with some Cynic transcriptions ("Veil Of Maya" and "Uroboric Forms") on this website , in PowerTab of course :)

I still haven't received anything from Lars yet , I'll remind him about it.
I'll keep you updated on it.

Cynic bass transcriptions! I have been wanting thoose for ages! Brilliant!

Sean Malone has the original transriptions just lying around, maybe you could ask him to look over the transcriptions to make sure that they are 100%. Well they sound great anyways but it's a thought.

Originally posted by Coypu
Cynic bass transcriptions! I have been wanting thoose for ages! Brilliant!

Sean Malone has the original transriptions just lying around, maybe you could ask him to look over the transcriptions to make sure that they are 100%. Well they sound great anyways but it's a thought.

Sean has seen the tab for Uroboric Forms and he gave me some pointers on it.
He said he hoped he would have time to transcribe the Cynic stuff himself sometime in the future , he's such a busy guy :)
He never said anything about having any transriptions lying around though :/
But anyhow , I believe both tabs are atleast over 90% correct :)